Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New flexibility for BA flights departing (LHR?) to 25 July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New flexibility for BA flights departing (LHR?) to 25 July

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by easterlywinds
They can now only be rebooked to other flights with avios availability, whereas before they had the “disruption” switch and could be rebooked to any flight with availability in your cabin.
The policy as posted above doesn't say that? It says includes redemptions, and if rebooking within +/-180 days you can do same selling class as the original flight or lowest available in the same cabin - i.e. as long as any selling class in the same cabin is open it should be possible.
easterlywinds likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:06 am

I agree the policy is worded the same, but I’m not seeing the disruption option on any of my flights. And when I called they refused to move my flight without avios availability, despite being cabin space. The online option is definitely not showing up for me, it may be that an agent on the phone will honour the policy.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:09 am

I agree the policy is worded the same, but I’m not seeing the disruption option on any of my flights. And when I called they refused to move my flight without avios availability, despite being cabin space. The online option is definitely not showing up for me, it may be that an agent on the phone will honour the policy.
I don't think the agent is correct.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Have you moved the flight previously? Is it longhaul? Ideally you want a no answer to both. If not agents are struggling with daily changes to policies, ask if the agent is looking at version 5.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:22 am

Hadn't moved the flight previously, and it's SH. Eventually got through to another agent who confirmed that it was indeed eligible for free rebooking to any other flight on the route, and that the previous agent had been mistaken.

However, they didn't know why the disruption indicator had disappeared from MMB. It's still not visible there on any of my eligible bookings.
KARFA and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:32 am

Hadn't moved the flight previously, and it's SH. Eventually got through to another agent who confirmed that it was indeed eligible for free rebooking to any other flight on the route, and that the previous agent had been mistaken.

However, they didn't know why the disruption indicator had disappeared from MMB. It's still not visible there on any of my eligible bookings.
If, as seems to be the case based on the wording of the policy and the experience quoted above, this is true it would have the effect of making any flight in the next 180 days available for avios providing there is an avios redemption available on the route before 7th August. Once could simply book the avios fight, and then ring up and insist it is changed to the flight you really wanted as long as there is a seat for sale on it in any fare bucket. That seems somewhat generous of BA?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by nigelw
If, as seems to be the case based on the wording of the policy and the experience quoted above, this is true it would have the effect of making any flight in the next 180 days available for avios providing there is an avios redemption available on the route before 7th August. Once could simply book the avios fight, and then ring up and insist it is changed to the flight you really wanted as long as there is a seat for sale on it in any fare bucket. That seems somewhat generous of BA?
look at the provision about when bookings must be ticketed by to be covered by the policy tho.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver

Update 7

Guidelines for CB4D (customer booking for disruption) has been activated - Customer Guidelines

Published 11/07/2022 08.12 AM (BST)
Updated 25/07/2022 01.39 PM (BST) Due to the uncertainty with air travel, we are allowing our customers whose flights are still operating the flexibility to make voluntary changes either by using BA.com, via The Engagement Centres, or via their Travel Agent. The below guidelines allow any customer travelling on an operating LHR BA service from Monday 11th July 2022 a free change (subject to rebooking allowance). The options are in line with what is currently offered on BA.com for direct customers as CB4D (customer booking for disruption) has been activated.

Update 7 – 25 July 2022

For customers with a BA-125 ticket issuedfor any booking that contains at least one BA mainline operating flight which is still OPERATING
Route affected

Any BA mainline flight

Airports Affected

LHR – all BA operated flights from LHR (LH+SH)

Tickets issued by

Up to and including 10 July 2022
Up to 22 July 2022 for SH only

Ticket travel dates

11 July up until 25th July 2022 inclusive
26 July 2022 to 07 Aug 2022 inclusive for SH only

(This includes customers with a LH-SH connection, i.e. JFK-LHR-CDG)

Rebooking Allowance

For new travel inside -14/+180 days
Rebook onto a British Airways operated service on the same routing into the same class as the original flight or lowest available in the same cabin.
If rebooking BA*Codeshare as part of the same itinerary, must rebook onto a BA*same codeshare carrier as original on the same routing into the same class as original

For new travel outside -14/+180 days up to system range
Rebook onto a British Airways operated service on the same routing into the same class as the original flight only
If rebooking BA*Codeshare as part of the same itinerary, must rebook onto a BA* same codeshare carrier as original on the same routing into the same class as original

Origin/Destination/Stopover Changes

Only a change of airports in the same point of origin/destination

Refunds Allowed

No – unless fare rules allow

Redemptions included

Yes

Available for Trade

Yes

Important Information
  • One ticket change allowed from the above options
  • All BA operated sectors in a booking can be changed if at least one of the BA operated sectors is eligible above. The other BA sectors can be outside of the dates and either to or from LHR.
  • Any changes to non-BA operated sectors will need to be requoted and any possible fare difference charged to the customer.
  • Entry or transit restrictions and scheduled services may change at any time.
  • It is essential that clear remarks are added to the PNR to reflect the conversation with the customer and the option that has been accepted.
  • If rebooking please ensure any associated SSR’s are added back to the PNR
  • Any additional expenses incurred are the responsibility of the customer.
  • Adherence to commercial policies/conditions of carriage guidelines remains entirely the responsibility of the user. BA reserves the right to withdraw guidelines at any time
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Same route? Does that mean we can't switch to a sane, but kind of pointless airport, like London City from LHR? If they cancel my DUB flight with 2 days notice again, I could switch the LCY but usually all those are fully booked on a weekend for the next three weeks.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 4:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
LCY to DUB is the same route as LHR-DUB. It's all regarded as part of the LON set of airports. In any case, it does actually say "Only a change of airports in the same point of origin/destination".
Smid likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:00 am

So I have a DUB-LHR-IAD this Saturday (booked last year). Does this mean I can change the DUB-LHR to the previous night for free?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
So I have a DUB-LHR-IAD this Saturday (booked last year). Does this mean I can change the DUB-LHR to the previous night for free?
Yes, if DUB-LHR is available, which may be an issue now.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:38 am

BA's letter to those affected

Originally Posted by British Airways
Dear Customer,

We are getting in touch as you are due to travel with us on or before 7 August 2022.

We recognise that during such a busy travel period customers may want to review or change their travel plans. We want to be as flexible as possible so have introduced policies to enable you to adjust your travel arrangements.

Travelling on a long haul flight?
If you are travelling on a long haul flight from Heathrow and you decide that you no longer wish to travel, you can request a voucher for the value of your booking and when you are ready to use your voucher to book new flights, you can do so online. The voucher will be valid for travel before 30 September 2023. To request a voucher, click here.

Travelling on a short haul flight from Heathrow, including a connecting flight?
If you are travelling on a short haul flight (UK or Europe) from Heathrow on or before 7 August 2022 and you wish to change your flights, we have introduced a policy that will allow you to easily change your travel dates via our website. This means you can rebook onto a British Airways operated service free of charge to any date within the next 12 months of your original date of travel, subject to availability. You can do this simply by logging into your booking.

Alternatively you can request a voucher for the value of your booking and when you are ready to use your voucher to book new flights, you can do so online. The voucher will be valid for travel before 30 September 2023. To request a voucher, click here.

If you have booked via a travel agent, please contact them directly to discuss your options.

If your flight is part of a British Airways Holidays package, please visit ba.com.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
British Airways
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Can a Mod edit the title of this thread to reflect the new date pls.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The email says 12 months from date of travel, but online it seems to be limited to much less than that (180 days?). Is that a mistake in the email?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.