Airlines and Mileage Programs

British Airways | Executive Club

New flexibility for BA flights departing (LHR?) to 25 July

New flexibility for BA flights departing (LHR?) to 25 July

Old Jul 14, 22, 2:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by AJA_ View Post
I also received this email, I assume because my ticket falls into the dates above and was an LHR departure.

Unfortunately I won't be taking advantage as I have already flown the out bound and am relying on the inbound operating as intended to get me home. Unless BA is willing to pay for extra hotel nights for the foreseeable? In which case I will happily extend my holiday
No. BA is only on the hook for hotels if they cancel your flight. If you choose to benefit from this additional flexibility you are responsible for your additional costs in choosing to do so.
Old Jul 14, 22, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Would the policy extend to booking an earlier flight on the same day (subject to availability)? I might want to do this as I am worried that connection times that were once more than adequate might no longer be sufficient.
Old Jul 14, 22, 3:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur View Post
Would the policy extend to booking an earlier flight on the same day (subject to availability)? I might want to do this as I am worried that connection times that were once more than adequate might no longer be sufficient.
yes, if you are in scope date wise and there is space, that should be allowed.
welshwiz likes this.
Old Jul 14, 22, 3:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur View Post
Yes, you can fly earlier on this policy subject to space. If it's T5 to T5 and nothing gets cancelled, it's still possible to connect in under 1 hour outside peak hours, particularly if you have First Wing access.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jul 14, 22, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm going to take advantage of this for my upcoming LHR-SJC trip in a few days. I'm going to move the outbound flight to a day later. My inbound is SJC-PHX-LHR in business class getting me 180 TPs. BA are offering me Club World on the direct SJC-LHR flight. Do we know if I will only get the 140TPs? or would they credit my account with the original 180 tier points?

Trying to get hold of BA to ask but cant get through on the phone as usual

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 14, 22, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by martmeister View Post
I'm going to take advantage of this for my upcoming LHR-SJC trip in a few days. I'm going to move the outbound flight to a day later. My inbound is SJC-PHX-LHR in business class getting me 180 TPs. BA are offering me Club World on the direct SJC-LHR flight. Do we know if I will only get the 140TPs? or would they credit my account with the original 180 tier points?

Trying to get hold of BA to ask but cant get through on the phone as usual

Thanks in advance
you would get 140 TPs if you did this voluntary change.

the policy says same route, so i am not sure you would get what you are proposing.
Old Jul 14, 22, 3:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's really not a good idea to be calling BA for something like this, there is an Original Routing Credit guide via the BA Forum Dashboard. Strictly speaking if you initiated the change then you would get 140 TPs, but it's possible that they would either not spot the voluntary aspect and / or any target that you miss by 40 TPs would be taken into account for any status related targets.
Old Jul 14, 22, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
you would get 140 TPs if you did this voluntary change.

the policy says same route, so i am not sure you would get what you are proposing.
Many thanks - I thought so

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
It's really not a good idea to be calling BA for something like this, there is an Original Routing Credit guide via the BA Forum Dashboard. Strictly speaking if you initiated the change then you would get 140 TPs, but it's possible that they would either not spot the voluntary aspect and / or any target that you miss by 40 TPs would be taken into account for any status related targets.
Agreed - i do feel bad calling them for this type of trivial question on the grand scheme of things! If I get 140TPs for the return, I'll be just 10TPs shy of gold ...
Old Jul 14, 22, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
No. BA is only on the hook for hotels if they cancel your flight. If you choose to benefit from this additional flexibility you are responsible for your additional costs in choosing to do so.
Thanks for confirming but i really knew that, i was attempting to inject a bit of humour in my comment which was supposed to be indicated by the smiley face.

I am not really sure how anyone who is currently not at home would take advantage of this unless they happened to have another one way flight already booked.
Old Jul 14, 22, 3:28 am

If I move my flight to a December flight, can I still take advantage of BWC and get a voucher if I then choose not to fly it?
Old Jul 14, 22, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by jonas123 View Post
If I move my flight to a December flight, can I still take advantage of BWC and get a voucher if I then choose not to fly it?
As things stand, if it's a voluntary change you make, then you risk losing BWC. If it's imposed on you that's different. There is also the chance that something else will happen in December, but obviously that's purely speculation.
Old Jul 14, 22, 5:25 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Yes, you can fly earlier on this policy subject to space. If it's T5 to T5 and nothing gets cancelled, it's still possible to connect in under 1 hour outside peak hours, particularly if you have First Wing access.
@corporate-wage-slave what would you consider peak times at the moment for T5? I have a one hour connection coming up in August (flights booked well before BA and LHR had their current woes).
Old Jul 14, 22, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
@corporate-wage-slave what would you consider peak times at the moment for T5? I have a one hour connection coming up in August (flights booked well before BA and LHR had their current woes).
Generally Monday, Friday, Saturday mornings, plus key dates around school holidays. After 15:00 hrs, and excepting Fridays, T5 is usually calm. One hour connections - if you are under 1 hour at the e-gates then you need to get to the security scan point before you get to the 35 minute stage. If the First Wing is definitely open this is quite do-able, but less so if it's closed and South Fast Track is also backed up. Hence this route is better for longer connections than 1 hour.
Old Jul 14, 22, 5:39 am

i think the bigger issue for 1 hour connections atm is BA's on time performance rather than actual time needed to get through the connections process. This is why I am not comfortable booking anything with much less than 2 hours for the time being.
Old Jul 14, 22, 6:42 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
i think the bigger issue for 1 hour connections atm is BA's on time performance rather than actual time needed to get through the connections process. This is why I am not comfortable booking anything with much less than 2 hours for the time being.
I agree, I regret that I booked such a tight connection, albeit it was many months ago before travel ramped up again. I think at the time there were a lot less flights departing LHR-LAX, so hopefully we will be rebooked easily if DUB-LHR is late!

Search this Thread