Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Train Busy... Use the Walkway

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by ManInExitRow
Perhaps there needs to be a Masonic style code for FTers to recognise each other as we wander around the subterranean bowels of dear old T5?

Suggestions welcome
How about a smug grin on passing others for knowing about something that many others don't? But don't roll your trouser leg up!!
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by ManInExitRow
Perhaps there needs to be a Masonic style code for FTers to recognise each other as we wander around the subterranean bowels of dear old T5?

Suggestions welcome
Two fingers on the left hand held horizontally - like a v on its side to mimic F for FTers
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
This was the message on the train status at T5 today. First time I have seen this message. Just shows... Heathrow can still provide new experiences.
Had the same after arriving into T% a coupe of weeks ago around 10.30pm...
I knew of the walkways but that's the first time I actually used. Might do it more in the future...
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Why aren't there more trains on the line? four should be doable if trains can cross over from one side to the other. or even six could be possible if there are extensions at both ends of the line for trains to go beyond the stations and then switch switch directions ( a closed loop). Seems like an inefficient design.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:39 am

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:13 am Reason: deleted
Old Jul 14, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Over the past 18-months I've been using the walkways, some exercise before a LH flight, rarely see anyone down there, and unless there is a train in the station can be quicker, and always more pleasant
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by pythonisman
On Sunday when we landed back, after 50 minutes waiting for HAL to attach an airbridge we'd had enough of 'people' and used the walkway from B gates to arrivals, we were the only pax doing it.

Even stopping for a loo break before heading down to the tunnel, when we came out of the lift at passport control we saw the folks sat in row 1 coming up the escalator from the train, so from A to B (or vv) at least, the tunnels are often quicker than the shuttle.
HAL don’t attach the air bridge. That’s BA. HAL are an airport company, not a handling agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.