Wiki Posts
Search

T5 as easy as ever today.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
T5 as easy as ever today.

Just to post something positive, M25 crawl aside. Car to lounge in 15mins. First wing no queues, two lines for security, GL very busy, but otherwise all good.
drwook, noFODplease, T8191 and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
This is good to read, and thank you for the update; I have a flight at 09.50 tomorrow and wasn't quite sure what to expect!
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by DidgeryDub
Just to post something positive, M25 crawl aside. Car to lounge in 15mins. First wing no queues, two lines for security, GL very busy, but otherwise all good.
Was moderately busy at 0600 when I discovered my flight was cancelled as the airport/ BA couldn’t cope with the number of passengers !
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I must be one of the few whose flight isn't cancelled but doesn't want to go.

Work trip and heading to AMS later, I would have been quite happy if the flight had been cancelled and I could stay at home. Sadly it is still showing as operating!
Mekko, Radiation Station and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Have you not got the "disruption" banner KARFA allowing you to shunt it to another time ?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Have you not got the "disruption" banner KARFA allowing you to shunt it to another time ?
I think so, I think every booking this week should have that. However, I don't think work would accept my reason for moving dates being that I can't be ar*** today

Now if BA cancel the flight that's not my fault anymore
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not to say there weren't a good few canx showing on boards, and the first wing was prepped to supply soft drinks to a potential queue that had not yet (or maybe previously had) formed, but for me at least the way seems clear...
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think so, I think every booking this week should have that. However, I don't think work would accept my reason for moving dates being that I can't be ar*** today

Now if BA cancel the flight that's not my fault anymore
Anyone know what is currently in scope? My booking into Gatwick on Sunday isn’t showing it - it would be useful if it was as I would like to travel a differrent day.

Edit:- found it on BAttaveltrade. It is all short haul Heathrow flights for the next fortnight (until Sunday 24 July). Much longer rebooking window than usual too.
KARFA likes this.

Last edited by lcylocal; Jul 11, 2022 at 7:39 am
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC Brown
Originally Posted by KARFA
I must be one of the few whose flight isn't cancelled but doesn't want to go.

Work trip and heading to AMS later, I would have been quite happy if the flight had been cancelled and I could stay at home. Sadly it is still showing as operating!
I decided AMS didn’t look good, so tried LCY->RTM for the first time. A very pleasant experience, helped by the *huge* legroom in 2D on the E190! Currently on the train near AMS. It may only be a little bit quicker, but there was no queuing whatsoever, so I’m happy.
wrp96, KARFA and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
Originally Posted by BorisBrownBear
I decided AMS didn’t look good, so tried LCY->RTM for the first time. A very pleasant experience, helped by the *huge* legroom in 2D on the E190! Currently on the train near AMS. It may only be a little bit quicker, but there was no queuing whatsoever, so I’m happy.
It is indeed a very civilised alternative, especially if you skip the bus to the train station from RTM and grab a cab for that leg instead. Have fun in Amsterdam. Lovely day here today
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Had a smooth trip through T5 yesterday also, with bag drop and first wing access, at about noon.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Heathrow was quiet on my arrival today - 5 minutes through the FW this morning at 7.15; GF is bustling but relatively calm.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
T5 pressure easing due to other LHR terminals reopening?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Brown
Originally Posted by Fritz
It is indeed a very civilised alternative, especially if you skip the bus to the train station from RTM and grab a cab for that leg instead. Have fun in Amsterdam. Lovely day here today
Thank you Fritz! I actually got the bus to the metro to Den Haag. It all worked with no fuss at all. Amsterdam is as good as ever, just rather hot. Return tomorrow the reverse of yesterday. May try the train to Rotterdam then taxi as you suggest.
Fritz likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Paren
T5 pressure easing due to other LHR terminals reopening?
I've travelled 3 times via LHR T5 in the last 6 weeks: never been a queue to check-in or for security. Sure there's (sadly) flight cancellations), but you don't see much in the news or here about T5 queues - we just assume there is from reading constant bad airport press.
Paren likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.