Bringing family with gold card

Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Bringing family with gold card

I have booked 12 members of my family in two groups of six onto the same flight in economy

I have been able to pre-book all our seats, but am unsure of how we can extend the benefits. I realise that my wife and I can guest one other person into F lounge, but does this apply to their children and checkin/security, plus pre-boarding?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You should all board in group one… can all check in at the First Wing but only four can go through the security there and into GF
simonsmith and crazyarmadillo like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
I think expecting to guest 12 people on one Gold Card may be seen as taking the p**** a little. YMMV
krispy84, becks1, lsquare and 20 others like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I assume that your wife also has a Gold card and that’s how you managed 2 bookings, both with seat selection benefits?
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I just have visions of 12 people all rolling up into the FLounge. I doubt that you'd even be able to sit together these days - I find it hard enough for two on occasions. People have a tendency to spread themselves and almost mark their territory I think that you'll need to give this a miss or tell them that you' and your wife will meet them at the gate - I would never go that route as I'd keep us together as a party. You have done well to get their seats allocated.
Jimmie76, MatJarosz and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I assume that your wife also has a Gold card and that’s how you managed 2 bookings, both with seat selection benefits?
She has, but I made both bookings, then called BAH to merge them and book the seats for those not on our booking.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If booking 12 passenger, is there a reason for not making a group booking , rather than having to make 2 bookimgs?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I just have visions of 12 people all rolling up into the FLounge. I doubt that you'd even be able to sit together these days - I find it hard enough for two on occasions. People have a tendency to spread themselves and almost mark their territory I think that you'll need to give this a miss or tell them that you' and your wife will meet them at the gate - I would never go that route as I'd keep us together as a party. You have done well to get their seats allocated.
I anticipate that the two families with two young children will enjoy the airport child facilities and my wife and I will guest my son and his gf into the F lounge.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:01 am

Are you all staying together in a hotel or villa?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If booking 12 passenger, is there a reason for not making a group booking , rather than having to make 2 bookimgs?
I think at the time of booking I decided to take advantage of the British Airways holidays Covid guarantee, paying a small deposit.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Are you all staying together in a hotel or villa?
Yes, a hotel in Austria. We booked it pre-Covid, so we are praying that all goes well this year. One big advantage is that the hotel now includes alcohol, which it didn’t when we originally booked! 🥂
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by botham
Yes, a hotel in Austria. We booked it pre-Covid, so we are praying that all goes well this year. One big advantage is that the hotel now includes alcohol, which it didn’t when we originally booked! 🥂
Sweetness, I asked for a reason. You know the people with whom you are travelling and I don’t. However, if you go off to the Lounge and lave the other eight, you have split the party into Them and Us. People can be resentful for all sorts of reasons. You might want to consider going into the FLounge (or anywhere else). It is, of course, no business of mine but large groups going on holiday can cause all sorts of stresses and strains.

Aunt Pucci Proops.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 11:33 am

Sweetness, I asked for a reason. You know the people with whom you are travelling and I don’t. However, if you go off to the Lounge and lave the other eight, you have split the party into Them and Us. People can be resentful for all sorts of reasons. You might want to consider going into the FLounge (or anywhere else). It is, of course, no business of mine but large groups going on holiday can cause all sorts of stresses and strains.

Aunt Pucci Proops.
Again I have no standing in this but regularly go away with extended family. Last trip we did was an Italy flight from T3. We flew with about 50 people all cousins/uncles/aunts/parents/grandparents. Grandparents in CE, rest of us 3 rows behind in ET. Grandparents went of to the Flounge being gold and the rest of us made do with the priority pass lounges or no lounges. It definitely doesn't make a "split" when everyone know everyone, especially seeing as the grandparents paid for everyone and shouldn't be stuck together with us free riders😂
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 11:51 am
Original Poster

I don’t think the two families of four would be comfortable in the lounge. They prefer to make use of the family facilities elsewhere. On our last attempt at a holiday together, we had to use EasyJet and 8 of our group missed the bus and were left at LGW. Hopefully this time we will get on the plane.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Similar situation for me in a different airline. I'm United Premier Platinum due to BA status match sneakily applied before a trip for the extended family to celebrate Mrs. G's birthday. Upgraded everyone in the family (9 in total) to "economy plus"' based on my status with no issue at all IAD to PLS round trip. Expecting the boss and I to get upgraded out of economy, but still - fantastic family trip support. I'd never expect BA to do the same.
Pucci, Please note that I didn't mention the specific birthday of she who must be obeyed. No need to apply hairbrush!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.