Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booking Iberia flight on BA site with BA avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

I just booked an Iberia flight next June on BA site using BA avios. From BCN to MIA.

How do you pick seats. My reservation say seats only available during check in. Manage on BA site or Iberia>

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Iberia site. Be aware sometimes Iberia flight maps don't appear until about 10 months before. If you use BA app and click select seats it should direct you to the Iberia site and it will also give you yeh 5 digit PNR for Iberia. I have the Iberia app and add the booking there using that code
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
What TTmex said - but I'm assuming you're flying via MAD, as the nonstop BCN-MIA is operated by AA.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:35 am

Confirm this. I had the exact same issue. Though the BA never did redirect me to Iberia. I eventually booked on the Iberia site. End of May 23 flights and seats became available about 10 days ago.
I never needed the 5 digit PNR, the 6 one worked fine on IB website.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
What TTmex said - but I'm assuming you're flying via MAD, as the nonstop BCN-MIA is operated by AA.
It is Iberia all the way through. Will try the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.