Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

September 2022 Flight Cancellations And Operational Changes

Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold

I know, it's not August, but BA303 on 9/3 just got cancelled.
Have 2 tickets for CDG-LHR-ORD-EWR one of them ob 125 and the other on 001.
Now I need to find a way to get both of them changed to the same alternative... :P
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:22 am

Flight cancelled for September - not allowing me to book given alternatives

Hi All,
I have a redemption booked for LHR-CDG in September. MMB shows alternatives I can book, but when I try, it says 'Something went wrong, try again' (or something like that). I have tried several times at several different times over the last two hours. The booking cancellation email came at 13.20. Any advice other than calling the call centre?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I've had a GVA cancelled early Sep from LHR. Is have gladly switched to LCY but apparently there's only a flight a day from there...
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:00 am

Flying TLS-LHR-CLT in September, single BA booking.
My return to TLS from LHR around midday has been cancelled so they've booked me on the 0755. The trouble is, my inbound from CLT lands at 0740.
Should I stick with it and hope they change the schedule again?
Only other flight is later in the evening so Im looking at a 12 hour stop over. If I change to the evening flight does that dismiss any claims I have for compensation? equally, if I stick with the morning flight and miss the 15 minute connection does that also sideline me for compensation?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC, Krisflyer
My flight from LGW to Bordeaux first week of September was cancelled yesterday. Looks like many others too. Return is definitely ok as Ive been rebooked onto the flight out that I’m due to return on! Didn’t realise back to backs were possible at BOD!! No other options given so looks like I’ll have to call.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:21 am

I didn't realise BA had started the LGW-BOD service again. Easy are a good alternative for that route, I think they have 2/3 a day in September.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by John Nettles
Flying TLS-LHR-CLT in September, single BA booking.
My return to TLS from LHR around midday has been cancelled so they've booked me on the 0755. The trouble is, my inbound from CLT lands at 0740.
Should I stick with it and hope they change the schedule again?
Only other flight is later in the evening so Im looking at a 12 hour stop over. If I change to the evening flight does that dismiss any claims I have for compensation? equally, if I stick with the morning flight and miss the 15 minute connection does that also sideline me for compensation?
The robots will eventually cancel a connection that falls below MCT, but that may take a while. You may want to look at what other CLT - TLS options exist, but it depends on what is more important to you - leaving CLT at the current time, or arriving in TLS on the current time. There are many other routing options for that too. I wouldn't assume BA will add more services, but it does sometimes happen a few days after a bank of cancellations - there's sometimes a mop up exercise.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by John Nettles
I didn't realise BA had started the LGW-BOD service again. Easy are a good alternative for that route, I think they have 2/3 a day in September.
Thanks for suggesting EasyJet. BA have been flying to Bordeaux from Gatwick since around May I think. They have cut a lot of flights recently and are now flying less than one per day - my daughter’s flight next Wednesday has been cancelled and she’s now travelling Tuesday.

When I booked a couple of weeks ago seemed strange to see 2 flights a day for early September. So not surprised one of my flights cancelled, especially when I had the only seat booked in economy and I paid less than Ł60 return! Assume slot sitting.

Would happily book EasyJet. However, I have a couple of issues. I need to be in Bordeaux so can't cancel totally. I need 10 tier points and I’m getting very close to 90 days in EU since May Looks like a trip to Manchester or Inverness!
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The robots will eventually cancel a connection that falls below MCT, but that may take a while. You may want to look at what other CLT - TLS options exist, but it depends on what is more important to you - leaving CLT at the current time, or arriving in TLS on the current time. There are many other routing options for that too. I wouldn't assume BA will add more services, but it does sometimes happen a few days after a bank of cancellations - there's sometimes a mop up exercise.
Thanks. My gut instinct was to wait and see, hopefully there’ll be a more sensible amendment but really don’t want to spend 12 hours in LHR after a transatlantic flight.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
FYI. Our return flight from Valencia on Sept 24th BA409 at 11:25 has been cancelled today, fortunately they have offered an alternative the same day at 20:05 BA445 operated by Finnair. We have opted to fly on 23rd also the BA445 as we need to be back in the UK for the late afternoon of the 24th. Hopefully as both outbound and inbound flights are now being operated by Finnair these will not be subject cancellation, but hey who knows.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Our LGW>SVQ (Seville) on Mon 19th Sept just got the axe earlier today. MMB had auto rebooked us onto a flight the following day but let me choose a flight on I2 (Iberia Express) on Sun 18th.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
oddly hoping my corfu gets the ax. i had a LHR-CFU and SOF-LHR ticket and once the SOF leg was cancelled i could move the dates...but i put the return on oct 2 which is outside BWC and now i need to cancel the whole ticket so really hoping one side gets cancelled again to get the refund!
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Had my LHR-AGP cut today - going from 3x a day to 2x a day.

It seems they’ve kept the night stopper - which isn’t going to be popular for holidaymakers.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Had my LHR-AGP cut today - going from 3x a day to 2x a day.

It seems they’ve kept the night stopper - which isn’t going to be popular for holidaymakers.
Ditto with an AGP-LHR Avios booking on 9 Sept. Lots of alternatives, inc some much better that I prefer but were originally not available as Avios bookings. So actually a result as long as not cancelled again.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: british airways
Hi, BA have cancelled my flight ABZ - BCN on 25th September. My best alternative is now flying the day before so can I claim accommodation in BCN and meal expenses for going a day early? If I can, do I just change the flights online, get receipts and claim after my trip? Thanks in advance

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.