Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

September 2022 Flight Cancellations And Operational Changes

September 2022 Flight Cancellations And Operational Changes

Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
My NCL - LHR flight on 5th September has been cancelled. I was booked on the BA1325 which is the 9.15 am departure. As I was booked via AA it meant a call to them to resolve but the benefit was that I was able to swap to the direct LHR - LAS flight rather than having to connect in LAX. Flights were ticketed and I had the confirmation e-mail within 10 minutes of calling.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
I got five cancellation emails earlier today. All for domestic (LHR / EDI / LHR) connecting flights as part of three separate long haul itineraries in late September and October, one of which was only booked yesterday (lol). None of which are showing rebooking options on either the App or MMB online.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by chrism20
BA1444 up to EDI has been canned as well, have just received an email for booking on the 12th. That was the 1415 departure from LHR. I’m sure it goes back out from EDI as the BA1447 so it may also have been canned
Yep, mine too for 1st. Have changed to the 14:05 from LCY which is actually more local.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Have just had 2 NCL-LHR and a LHR-NCL cancelled for September. For one of them BAH sent an email making the offer of a cancellation of that leg for a refund of £25, as the flight was CE I have declined and will have to join the lottery of calling to ensure I get rebooked.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Second wave of CDG-LHR cancellations.
Flying on 9/3 and was first moved from BA303 to BA305.
Now all flights except for the evening one (BA323) are gone.
This is going to cause a lot of headache...
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by GLAtrans

At this point, with my LHR-MUC also previously cancelled, I think the only reason the VIE-LHR leg hasn't been touched is because it's into T3.
My VIE early Aug has moved to T5.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
My VIE early Aug has moved to T5.
As has mine in early September. I just had to jinx it, huh?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
We are booked to fly BCN-LHR on BA475 on 24 Sept. The flight is still showing fine in MMB, but when you do a flight search it doesn't show up at all. Spoke to BA who said that at the moment it is still going ahead, and they can't do any free changes until/if it is cancelled. Given I can't find the flight in any flight searches what do members think is going on?

Last edited by air_boi; Jul 21, 2022 at 3:44 am
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by air_boi
We are booked to fly BCN-LHR on BA475 on 24 Sept. The flight is still showing fine in MMB, but when you do a flight search it doesn't show up at all. Spoke to BA who said that at the moment it is still going ahead, and they can't do any free changes until/if it is cancelled. Given I can't find the flight in any flight searches what do members think is going on?
it is zeroed out which may or may bot be a prelude to cancellation. as the agent said, unless and until it is cancelled you can't do any free changes.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
Originally Posted by KARFA
it is zeroed out which may or may bot be a prelude to cancellation. as the agent said, unless and until it is cancelled you can't do any free changes.
Or perhaps as others have suggested the flight is full due to all the other cancellations?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by air_boi
Or perhaps as others have suggested the flight is full due to all the other cancellations?
possibly. i think that's less likely for a flight 2 months away, but it could be.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
My brother had his flight from LHR to FRA (BA908) cancelled.
As he was supposed to connect onto that one coming from BA182 (the 11pm JFK service), the alternatives offered were poor.
This is an AA ticket and after a quick message on Twitter he was moved onto the earlier flight from JFK, connecting onto BA904.

Guess the cancellation is part of the extended capacity cap at LHR.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Booked onto BA892 LHR - SOF on Friday 9th Sept, looks like it has been removed from sale. Puzzlingly, the SOF - LHR sector BA893 on the same date is still book-able.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:01 am

Just had BA451 PMI to LHR cancelled for Friday 23rd Sept
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
1448 LHR-EDI given the ax sept 29. works in my favor as i need to bring my return date forward a bit...but also was not auto-booked on an alternative.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.