Wiki Posts
Search

Can’t pay balance of BA Holiday Online

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL
Can’t pay balance of BA Holiday Online

I’ve made a BA Holiday booking as a wedding present for my brother and his wife and the balance is due this week. The return flight from New York was cancelled late last week, and BA have rebooked them on sensible AA alternatives.All good, and I’m quite happy. The only problem is that when I go into Manage my Booking to pay the balance I get a “We’re sorry your flight to London has been cancelled” message and the only other links on the page take me to the BAH contact number.

I’ve had a heavy work and travel day today and could only try and call BA Holidays twice but never got off hold before I had to go to my next meeting etc.

Is there any way to get to the classic MMB page when this happens? I can’t see anyway of doing this via the mobile app either.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 7:06 pm

Are you sure they've actually been rebooked and re-ticketed?

I had this last week. Had the email saying inbound flight of a BAH booking was cancelled and BA would be in touch soon with options. MMB was then effectively locked out as you say, just a cancellation message and the BAH phone number.

In the end I rang them as the balance due date is approaching and I didn't trust waiting for BA to resolve it first. After much wasted time with the joke of their telephone systems, finally got through to a friendly agent who rebooked in a couple of minutes.

As soon as that was done I had an updated itinerary emailed and then MMB was back to normal functionality.

Last edited by bagand96; Jul 5, 2022 at 7:13 pm
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bagand96
Are you sure they've actually been rebooked and re-ticketed?

I had this last week. Had the email saying inbound flight of a BAH booking was cancelled and BA would be in touch soon with options. MMB was then effectively locked out as you say, just a cancellation message and the BAH phone number.

In the end I rang them as the balance due date is approaching and I didn't trust waiting for BA to resolve it first. After much wasted time with the joke of their telephone systems, finally got through to a friendly agent who rebooked in a couple of minutes.

As soon as that was done I had an updated itinerary emailed and then MMB was back to normal functionality.
it is a good point, but the booking looks to have been updated with then travelling back on an AA flight that leaves 25 minutes earlier than their original BA flight. I have headphones on and am on hold and my first work call isn’t until 10:00 so hopefully I will get through.
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
I’ve had this scenario a couple of times recently with BAHs bookings when one leg is cancelled.

You get this kind of temporary MMB which shows all the flights details and highlights the cancelled leg but you can’t access any more info or make any changes to any of the flights. It’s seems to be some kind of holding screen while BAHs sort out alternative flights.

With a flight only bookings you get the option to make changes and book yourself into alternative flights if there’s a cancellation. With a BAHs booking I’ve never seen that option and MMB always seems to direct you to call. Although BAHs do seem to make an effort to sort out alternatives before you’ve had the chance to call.

For one of my recent bookings it looked like this immediately upon receiving an email notification regarding a cancelled flight within a BAHs booking. I checked again around 2-3 hours later an it had been updated with what looked like alternative flights they were in the process of booking us onto. Cancelled leg was also still there, obviously highlighted as “cancelled”. Still the same style of “info only” MMB.

I had to call BAHs as the alternative flights wouldn’t work for us and the agent said that the alternative flights which were now showing in MMB was a way of reserving seats on those flights for us.

I can only assume if I’d left it a few more hours the alternatives would have been ticketed and then MMB would’ve returned to normal with the new flights inserted.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks bagand96 - it was exactly as you described, they hadn’t reticketed the flights. I cheated and used the GGL line who then called holidays on my behalf. You do have to marvel at an airline that makes it this hard for their customers to give them money.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by JP Flyer
Thanks bagand96 - it was exactly as you described, they hadn’t reticketed the flights. I cheated and used the GGL line who then called holidays on my behalf. You do have to marvel at an airline that makes it this hard for their customers to give them money.
Glad you got it sorted. Many things to marvel at about BA unfortunately none of it in a positive light! @

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.