Wiki Posts
Search

GLA - IAH - September

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
GLA - IAH - September

I am looking at a business trip to Houston in September. The only direct flight from LHR is at 10:00 which only leaves 90 minutes to connect from my 07:00 from Glasgow. Normally I would think that an acceptable risk but not with current challenges.

I will be HBO but thinking I should really take the GLA - LHR the previous day.

I know it's a long way out but prices will only increase and I am trying to minimise cost to the business.

What would you do?

Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2022, 7:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
What are the implications of arriving 24 hours late?

If they are intolerable, and you are prepared to pay for the refare, then you should rebook. If not, wait and see, that flight is so far in the future that a lot could change. If you made the booking less than 24 (well, maybe 72) hours ago, then a different logic will apply. 24 hours is the worst case scenraio, BA woulc probably rebook you to DFW and you could connect from there.
TheChangingMan likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
On BA.com for 16 Sep there are 9 ways to get to IAH from LHR between 1045 and 1500. Whilst they gEt in around 10pm/11pm and will be via another point I wouldn’t worry too much especially if you are HBO.

If you book to fly down the night before and that’s cancelled you’d probably be rebooked to the morning flight anyway.

By all means have a back up plan whichever you decide but book a flight how you would have done previously.
TheChangingMan likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you. That all makes sense.

Overthinking!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.