Search

How long for Compensation to be paid?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
How long for Compensation to be paid?

Hi all,

BA confirmed my EU261 via email and the email says "I'll transfer the funds to your bank account using the details you provided" but didn't say how long this would take.
It's been over a week since I received this, but I understand they're quite busy at the moment so didn't want to chase without checking in here for others' experiences on how long the payment would take, if anyone can share their experiences?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Is this going into a UK bank account via sort-code? Or is it via some other refund route? BACS usually takes a few days, but other routes can take longer. I don't think anyone would be surprised if there was a bit of a back log. If you have waited more than say 3 weeks, or you really need the cash, then at some point you could PM the BA lurker.
TPRun likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Is this going into a UK bank account via sort-code? Or is it via some other refund route? BACS usually takes a few days, but other routes can take longer.
Hi it is going to a UK bank account (I provided my bank account number and sort code when completing the compensation form online)
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think I'd leave it another week or two. The whole system is creaking somewhat.
TPRun likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think I'd leave it another week or two. The whole system is creaking somewhat.
Will do - thanks for the advice.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Lidl Plus
My recent EU261 compensation was paid into my account just over a week after the email telling me the claim was approved. The same email said that it would be paid within fourteen working days so I guess it could take two weeks or more.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:49 pm

Chiming in to say my comp was approved 8/25, but I haven’t gotten the transfer (to US bank) yet. My email had no guidelines for how long it may take.

How many weeks should I wait before escalating and what’s the best ways to do that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.