Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

July Additional reprotection agreements - ITA, Aegean, Olympic, Aer Lingus, Turkish

July Additional reprotection agreements - ITA, Aegean, Olympic, Aer Lingus, Turkish

Old Jul 4, 22, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Thought these may be useful to highlight that have appeared in the past few days to help with BA cancellations (sorry if mentioned elsewhere)

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...kba?faqid=8854 - rebook to ITA LHR-LIN / FCO + domestic services via FCO for July

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...kba?faqid=8853 - rebook to Aegean LHR-ATH + any A6/OA domestic services for July

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...kba?faqid=8814 - rebook to EI (BA code) if there is no same day BA service LHR-DUB / BHD . EI is also now in the JV so this opens up transatlantic rebooking options

Reminder there is the long standing LH / LX / OS rebooking agreement https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...kba?faqid=8216

These do not replace your EU 261 / UK 261 rights to reroute so consider your options carefully - you may be better going on e.g. Easyjet and claiming it back from BA as a suitable rerouting expense on your return if BA cannot offer something suitable
Old Jul 5, 22, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus Silver, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Pizza Express Silver
Is EI actually in the joint venture? I thought that was still in progress, and would be accompanied by reciprocal benefits on EI (ie tier points, lounge access etc)
Old Jul 5, 22, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Capacity is very tight on BA and EI mainline to/from BHD and DUB at present due to school holidays starting and rolling cancellations.

Hopefully using BA*EI for rebookings will help. I’m noticing EI regional connecting onto BA via various regional GB airports is offered for new bookings via the app - if these options are used for rebooking it could be the difference in a forced overnight for some (albeit with much longer journey time). There’s also SOU coming online which might be a viable LON alternative for some.
Old Jul 5, 22, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by omk298 View Post
Is EI actually in the joint venture? I thought that was still in progress, and would be accompanied by reciprocal benefits on EI (ie tier points, lounge access etc)
Yes, they apparently are in the JV and you're also correct, there have been no announcements on reciprocal anything.

Originally Posted by bd95 View Post
Hopefully using BA*EI for rebookings will help. I’m noticing EI regional connecting onto BA via various regional GB airports is offered for new bookings via the app - if these options are used for rebooking it could be the difference in a forced overnight for some (albeit with much longer journey time). There’s also SOU coming online which might be a viable LON alternative for some.
I was rebooked onto Aer Lingus Regional on Friday. My BA DUB-LHR was cancelled, so I was put on EI Regional from Dublin to Glasgow to connect to the BA service GLA-LHR.
Old Jul 5, 22, 8:23 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Honors Diamond
I had assumed that EI(BA code) would be covered by the standard customer guidelines, but obviously not. It seems odd they’re not when IB are.
Old Jul 5, 22, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcylocal View Post
I had assumed that EI(BA code) would be covered by the standard customer guidelines, but obviously not. It seems odd they’re not when IB are.
No - it's quite a strange omission! They did appear in rebooking policies for long periods of COVID disruption but in normal times they cannot be used for cancellations more than 24hrs in advance

Even this policy is quite limited for >24hrs but I'm not sure if in reality the call centre is a bit more flexible in their interpretation

Vueling is another one that doesn't feature but would offer sensible rerouting opportunities for lots of destinations
Old Jul 5, 22, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by lcylocal View Post
I had assumed they would be used as standard also, and I’m sure they’ve been offered before when I’ve found myself on a missed connection at the T5 FCC. I think the main factor preventing their use at that time was having to change terminals. In fact BA and EI rejigged their BHD LHR schedules a good while ago to provide an even spread of services through the day (almost JV like).
Old Jul 5, 22, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bd95 View Post
I had assumed they would be used as standard also, and I’m sure they’ve been offered before when I’ve found myself on a missed connection at the T5 FCC. I think the main factor preventing their use at that time was having to change terminals. In fact BA and EI rejigged their BHD LHR schedules a good while ago to provide an even spread of services through the day (almost JV like).
Misconnects / cancellations within 24hrs are a different story - BA will book on basically anyone they interline with
Old Jul 5, 22, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Looking at the link the allowance for Aer Lingus bookings is for DUB/BHD-LHR-xxx transfer bookings where customers can get offered a direct Aer Lingus service instead ?... Simple London flights I've always had no issue getting offered Aer Lingus flights when there's disruption on BA .. either at my suggestion or suggestion from the BA staff ( online disruption pages will usually only offer BA flights .. but in my experience the call centre can and easily do book onto EI )
Old Jul 5, 22, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective View Post
Yes, they apparently are in the JV
Technically they’re not yet, but they do have approval to do so and are going through the motions of setting it up. Granted this distinction doesn’t make a huge difference in this context though.
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Jul 5, 22, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Confus View Post
Technically they’re not yet, but they do have approval to do so and are going through the motions of setting it up. Granted this distinction doesn’t make a huge difference in this context though.
Fair enough point then. It's been long enough in the making. The rumour is EI have been dragging their feet as they were apparently quite happy not to be in the JV. Though that may be untrue, as it's just the scuttlebutt around the aviation forums.
Old Jul 7, 22, 7:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Turkey has now been added to this list for European sectors, so typically those now requiring a transfer at IST. For cancellations up to and including 31 July, I suspect it will also be extended.

Now, this is a bit naughty, but is someone going to do EDI-IST-LHR for a cancelled shuttle booking?
Old Jul 7, 22, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Turkey has now been added to this list for European sectors, so typically those now requiring a transfer at IST. For cancellations up to and including 31 July, I suspect it will also be extended.

Now, this is a bit naughty, but is someone going to do EDI-IST-LHR for a cancelled shuttle booking?
If it rebooks to TK in J, and you can credit full-fare J to M&M, might be worth a speculative booking or two!
Old Jul 7, 22, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Some folk went via DOH for Euro flights so Istanbul is rather tame !!
Old Jul 7, 22, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Honors Diamond
It seems ITA offer Superior Class rather than Business Class on domestic. On ExpertFlyer the flight I am looking at seems to be Economy only. Any insight on what booking class is used for superior and if BA will rebook Club into it?

Search this Thread