Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

British Airways | Executive Club

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Old Jul 12, 22, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by zen100 View Post
"We will improve the problem of the Club World single tray being overly cluttered"

(By reducing the size of the portions and plates, so they better fit on one tray)
"After extensive feedback from our valued customers we have optimised our Club World Single Tray Solution."

I have visions of it being one of those TV dinner trays you got in the 80s........
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 12, 22, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cw novice View Post
"After extensive feedback from our valued customers we have optimised our Club World Single Tray Solution."

I have visions of it being one of those TV dinner trays you got in the 80s........
"We want all our customers on board to enjoy the same experience and excitement when presented with our in-flight dining service"

<rolls out the same single tray delivery across all 4 classes, foil left on so the mystery of what lies underneath is preserved>
QF Lad likes this.
Old Jul 12, 22, 5:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
"passengers have indicated travel is stressful so we have limited choices to meat or veg in club world. less choice means less stress over what to choose especially when a passengers first second or third choices are out"
Old Jul 12, 22, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Bronze, SQ KrisFlyer
I was reminiscing with photos of my first CW flight to HKG in 2008... a starter AND a salad, a choice from three main courses, cheese AND dessert.

Oh how we were spoilt!
matt_likes and SxMan like this.
Old Jul 12, 22, 5:48 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Following guidance from the CAA and HAL, we have capped catering capacity at 2/3 of the cabin size. This will ensure we serve those passengers dining with us more quickly and efficiently.
Old Jul 12, 22, 5:54 am

“Following guidance from the CAA and HAL, we have been instructed to limit cauliflower distribution to zero florets from one, due to staff shortages and/or covid.”
Old Jul 12, 22, 5:55 am

"Extensive research has shown that based on the current offering passengers are only eating half the portion"

As a result of this we are delighted to introduce our "Best of British" tasting menu which consists of 3 ramekins of all your favourites. This will be standard accross all flights. The first offering will be:
​​​​​​
Cauliflower Floret
Chicken Tikka Masala
GU Billionaires Cheesecake

​​​​
citiflyerUK and AnaTravel like this.

Last edited by Cw novice; Jul 12, 22 at 5:56 am Reason: Spacing
Old Jul 12, 22, 5:56 am

Following extensive research, we have established that customers value sustainability above all else. As a result,we believe customers will value our new Dine At Destination offering. Henceforth, no food will be served onboard, and all lounges will become Arrivals lounges. This is to maximise fuel efficiency by minimising customer weight in the sky. Customers can, however, enjoy our new enhanced champagne mist spray on demand.
Old Jul 12, 22, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by _nate View Post
Following extensive research, we have established that customers value sustainability above all else. As a result,we believe customers will value our new Dine At Destination offering. Henceforth, no food will be served onboard, and all lounges will become Arrivals lounges. This is to maximise fuel efficiency by minimising customer weight in the sky. Customers can, however, enjoy our new enhanced champagne mist spray on demand.
*For legal reasons Enhanced Champagne Mist contains 99% Babycham
Sealink and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jul 12, 22, 6:03 am

and due to customer feedback in first, we have happily re-introduced the soup course*

(*limit one cube per passenger departing UK only)
Attached Images  
Old Jul 12, 22, 7:13 am

I'm guessing as it's now 1pm, no way would a BA press release go out end of the day, so this was a potential hoax after all?
Old Jul 12, 22, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by chriswiles View Post
I'm guessing as it's now 1pm, no way would a BA press release go out end of the day, so this was a potential hoax after all?
Or probably that BA have decided to announce it on a day when the news about airlines and airports isn't as unremittingly negative as today?
Old Jul 12, 22, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Who said there was going to be a press release, I said there would be announcement.
Gastrocnemius and jeroen100 like this.
Old Jul 12, 22, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Never Stansted View Post
Or probably that BA have decided to announce it on a day when the news about airlines and airports isn't as unremittingly negative as today?
That's every day now and will be through summer?
Never Stansted and timma1971 like this.
Old Jul 12, 22, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
Who said there was going to be a press release, I said there would be announcement.
BA always release news via their media office. They don't just email people. That's how they reach journalists with news:

British Airways | Press Releases

Please, if you're going to claim "there will be announcement" please get your facts aligned.

Search this Thread