Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Old Jul 11, 22, 5:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Barnaby100 View Post
And recognising that Lindt does not meet the definition of a chocolate in any civilised country.
Also that Lindor aren't truffles.
orbitmic and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Barnaby100 View Post
Do you think they could run to a Carrs water biscuit, Jacobs cream Cracker or even a mcvities digestive rather than the artisan cheese biscuits which dont complement cheese?
I know I'm running the risk of being whipped on this forum, but:
1) Proper cheese is to be had on proper bread.
2) Fromage, puis dessert. Not the other way around.
orbitmic, AnaTravel and Donsyb like this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 9:44 am

Your ambition runs out of control, 'Alex67500'. You are reaching for the stars when BA catering remains somewhere south of hell.

"Fromage puis dessert". I like this.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 10:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by alex67500 View Post
No and NO! certainly not in our house.

We prefer our cheese at the end of a meal, obviously to ensure there is room for the pudding

No bread on our cheese board, that's just too much after a good meal. A selection of biscuits, fruit and chutneys washed down with a nice sauterne (also served with dessert) or decent Port. Sometimes we serve pudding and the cheese board together, so the guests can decide for themselves ... or if we want to get you out and on your way home
Old Jul 11, 22, 11:20 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
No and NO! certainly not in our house.

We prefer our cheese at the end of a meal, obviously to ensure there is room for the pudding

No bread on our cheese board, that's just too much after a good meal. A selection of biscuits, fruit and chutneys washed down with a nice sauterne (also served with dessert) or decent Port. Sometimes we serve pudding and the cheese board together, so the guests can decide for themselves ... or if we want to get you out and on your way home
I can understand the gastronomic argument for cheese before dessert, but I remain resolutely British in my course order preference. I tend to drink Sauternes etc. with dessert and then Port with cheese. Would hate to drink Port before Sauternes! 😱
T8191 and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I dont give a monkey about people wanting cheese then dessert or dessert then cheese, I care about and/and rather than either/or, and surely there is no difficulty in offering crackers or bread either?
becks1 and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 11:55 am

Ah, but the wine choice is what dictates my preferred place for the cheese course (and I'd much rather have room for cheese than pudding). I would stay with red wine, usually in line with what was served with a meaty main course, or even slightly stronger. I don't care much for dessert wines, adding sweetness to an already sweet dish is kind of overbearing. In an ideal world you'd get back to champagne with dessert. YTMV

The bread debate is kind of moot on a BA plane because we've all tasted their version of it. But a good camembert or munster need fresh bread.

(Mods, sorry for the OT, but we are passing time waiting for the announcement!)
Old Jul 11, 22, 11:57 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by alex67500 View Post
Exactly - although I tend not to have cheese courses anymore as frankly after a starter and a main in my house something light and sweet is called for. We do not do puddings.

How will I get a wink of sleep with all these enhancements which we will learn about tomorrow. It's all to much for an Ingenue like moi
Old Jul 11, 22, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The suspense is building, undoubtedly leading to cries of woe and disappointment!

Being a savoury individual, I would tend to pass on dessert in favour of a decent (ho ho) cheeseboard with decent (ho ho) mixed crackers and some more butter, please. But then Im an ancient philistine.
Old Jul 11, 22, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Honors Diamond
Must be a chance this announcement gets paused given the amount of negative coverage around cancellations there will be still tomorrow.
Old Jul 11, 22, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by lcylocal View Post
Must be a chance this announcement gets paused given the amount of negative coverage around cancellations there will be still tomorrow.
Surely TWO cauliflower florets, served separately, will offset that? And shift the blame firmly to the airport operators? 😀
lcylocal and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Bronze, SQ KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
Surely TWO cauliflower florets, served separately, will offset that? And shift the blame firmly to the airport operators? 😀
Yes yes - one will be the starter and the other will be a side for the chicken paving slab pie.
T8191, becks1 and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
How will I get a wink of sleep with all these enhancements which we will learn about tomorrow. It's all to much for an Ingenue like moi
Three large G&Ts should do the trick!

I too am agog for this announcement which CIHY cruelly told us about too far in advance leading to agonising wait times
Old Jul 11, 22, 1:38 pm

I would hope they go ahead and announce it.

Although I worry that it will be some kind of celebrity chef tie in.

A return to proper courses in J reverting to the Concepts brought in,in 2018 would be nice although I do have my doubts.

Accross all cabins an acceptable second meal consisting of at least a whole sandwich would be a start. If they can do a whole chicken caser baguette in Y on a BACF flight lasting 2 hours it can surely be done on Long haul.

Also a bit of contrition that standards have slipped and an eye has been taken off the ball. Regardless of staffing etc it does not excuse poor qualities and quantities of food.
Sealink, Cspnvdl, becks1 and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 1:42 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by noFODplease View Post
Three large G&Ts should do the trick!

I too am agog for this announcement which CIHY cruelly told us about too far in advance leading to agonising wait times
He's the last reason that I would lose any sleep - he was always teasing, dangling treats and then over the hills and far away.

If at least if they could serve something worthy of being considered Premier rather than the British Legion Christmas Lunch then is put on one tray and plonked down in from of you. Even American do it better and it galls me to say that.

Search this Thread