Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Old Jul 6, 22, 4:53 pm

BA response to there being no starter available (not no choice- no starter at all- 9 in cabin at least 2 didnt get.a starter as not loaded ). Apparently it wasnt worthy of any compensation as food is not part of the core BA offer it seems. We also understand how important food and drink is to your enjoyment of the flight, and in our First cabins, we aim to deliver a meal that exceeds expectations. We clearly didn’t meet our usual standards this time.

We refresh our food and drink menus in First cabins every month and use feedback like yours to guide us as we do. I’ve shared your comments with my colleagues in the Catering team to help us improve the choices we offer and the quality of these meals.
Old Jul 6, 22, 4:56 pm

Do you think they could run to a Carrs water biscuit, Jacobs cream Cracker or even a mcvities digestive rather than the artisan cheese biscuits which dont complement cheese?
Howard Long and CoweyB like this.
Old Jul 6, 22, 4:57 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Even a menu would be nice. My last BA flight (SYD-SIN) was on the first of the month and they had not gotten round to printing menus for the flight so the poor cabin crew had one print out for display purposes only catering sheet from which to choose.
Half a sandwich and some Tyrrels Crisps formed the second 'meal'. This might work with the Brits but was not relished by the Singaporean contingent on board.
And that partly revealed why BA was $2,000 cheaper than the SQ and QF options.
Old Jul 6, 22, 5:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CHCflyer View Post
Even a menu would be nice. My last BA flight (SYD-SIN) was on the first of the month and they had not gotten round to printing menus for the flight so the poor cabin crew had one print out for display purposes only catering sheet from which to choose.
Half a sandwich and some Tyrrels Crisps formed the second 'meal'. This might work with the Brits but was not relished by the Singaporean contingent on board.
And that partly revealed why BA was $2,000 cheaper than the SQ and QF options.
if it was cheaper that's something but BA prices on that route are way off being close to competive. Any one world but BA for me in that direction...
Old Jul 6, 22, 5:10 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Coming annoucement:

Stop at your local take away before your flight and enjoy your meal of choice as we wont have anything on board😀
QF Lad, wrp96, wtcmor and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 7, 22, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Bronze, SQ KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
Coming annoucement:

Stop at your local take away before your flight and enjoy your meal of choice as we wont have anything on board😀
With a link to show takeaways in the vicinity of your departure airport in the pre-departure email.
Old Jul 7, 22, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Speedbird676 View Post
With a link to show takeaways in the vicinity of your departure airport in the pre-departure email.
My money is on a tie up with Uber Eats where delivery is to the gate at boarding time
Old Jul 7, 22, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Stopwatch430 View Post
Material improvements or just changes? CLUB and FIRST? Or just CLUB?
Old Jul 7, 22, 5:26 am

The OP who opened this thread has already said, twice, he doesn't know. He just knows there will be an announcement.
Old Jul 7, 22, 5:28 am

The current catering arrangements will remain until the early autumn in a caretaker role while IAG hold an (internal) election as to what should replace them.
Speedbird676, T8191, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 7, 22, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
I know it's pure speculation until the 12th but the two changes I'd love to see is the return of soup to First, and loading more Club (Europe and World) meals than passengers so there's a possibility of more than one person having the same thing.
Old Jul 7, 22, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Bronze, SQ KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by Lucanesque View Post
I know it's pure speculation until the 12th but the two changes I'd love to see is the return of soup to First, and loading more Club (Europe and World) meals than passengers so there's a possibility of more than one person having the same thing.
I have a SIN-LHR in WTP in mid-November, so a hot breakfast as the second meal wouldn't go amiss.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Jul 7, 22, 7:59 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Speedbird676 View Post
I have a SIN-LHR in WTP in mid-November, so a hot breakfast as the second meal wouldn't go amiss.
dont get your hopes up, best youll get is the other half of the lousy sandwich
Old Jul 7, 22, 8:41 am

Programs: Former BA/AA/CP/LY employee, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Barnaby100 View Post
And recognising that Lindt does not meet the definition of a chocolate in any civilised country.
I like Lindt. It isn't First appropriate, but it's a nice milk chocolate. My family has a lot of the various truffles at Christmas.

Hershey is the imposter, the one that tastes like bile.. on purpose! https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hersh...b6af8f98bec0cd
Old Jul 7, 22, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Lucanesque View Post
Reminded me about over-loading meals. Back in 2018 I flew back from Boston and the service was so poor (one ill crew member, CW crew member having to cover First), they handed out the menus, then disappeared. An hour later, went to find them. The one and only CW crew member then came over with two trays of meals (both different) and a bottle of opened champagne. Left them with me.

I asked how that was possible and she said that most people eat in the lounge out of Boston, so they always have more meals than they require.

I miss those days. Bring them back 😁
Lucanesque and becks1 like this.

Last edited by chriswiles; Jul 7, 22 at 8:55 am

Search this Thread