Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Maybe the half sandwich second meal will be cut in half so you now have a starter and a main!
dddc, ATLCDG, chrism20 and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:26 pm

Depends how they define enhancement! Likely to be a return to full pre Covid service across all longhaul cabins, including second service hot meals in Y and W class on longer sectors, etc.
Tobias-UK and KARFA like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Can I help you
There are going to be some longhaul catering changes being announced on the 12th July.
Hopefully the announcement includes the phrase, "with immediate effect" or "from tomorrow, 13th July on all routes".

I expect it will mean the changes will kick in before the winter schedule at any rate. Here's hoping!
britbronco22 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm expecting the WT+ two fingered Kit Kat to be enhanced to a single finger.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by xenole
I'm expecting the WT+ two fingered Kit Kat to be enhanced to a single finger.
This is poetic
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by xenole
i'm expecting the wt+ two fingered kit kat to be enhanced to a single finger.
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
this is poetic
🤣🤣🤣
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:46 am
mun

Programs: british airways virgin
I must be the only person in Club that prefers the whole meal dumped in front of me. Get it over with, it's hardly an experience you want to prolong.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:15 am

"Based on customers' preference to not over indulgence in the sedentary environments of our flights, we decided to help safeguard your health by reducing our meal portions further".
FlightDetective and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by mun
I must be the only person in Club that prefers the whole meal dumped in front of me. Get it over with, it's hardly an experience you want to prolong.
Understandable in a sense, yes.

By contrast, my two most recent long hauls with Iberia offered a most agreeable, quasi-restaurant, dining experience, with several quality courses, all presented individually from the trolley. CC were highly efficient too (although I do find that addressing them in Spanish invariably creates a better spirit)

I will never understand why an airline under the same ownership - and based in a country that was every bit as impacted by Covid-19 as was UK - can produce much better biz class catering than BA seem to manage in their CW cabins.

If BA catering does return to pre-pandemic standards, then it will in essence be no more than a long-overdue restoration of the status quo, rather than a genuine improvement. But let’s see what actually happens on the 12th …… maybe it will prove a pleasant surprise.

There seem to have been countless changes / enhancements to BA catering, across various cabins, over the last few years - not least the much-hyped, but short-lived, total revamp to the CW offer. More changes than most major airlines. I think it would be better if BA could once & for all implement high standards befitting of premium cabins - and simply stick to them, rather than constantly changing in ways that so often generate negative feedback and page after page of grim photos.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by subject2load
Understandable in a sense, yes.

By contrast, my two most recent long hauls with Iberia offered a most agreeable, quasi-restaurant, dining experience, with several quality courses, all presented individually from the trolley. CC were highly efficient too (although I do find that addressing them in Spanish invariably creates a better spirit)

I will never understand why an airline under the same ownership - and based in a country that was every bit as impacted by Covid-19 as was UK - can produce much better biz class catering than BA seem to manage in their CW cabins.

If BA catering does return to pre-pandemic standards, then it will in essence be no more than a long-overdue restoration of the status quo, rather than a genuine improvement. But let’s see what actually happens on the 12th …… maybe it will prove a pleasant surprise.

There seem to have been countless changes / enhancements to BA catering, across various cabins, over the last few years - not least the much-hyped, but short-lived, total revamp to the CW offer. More changes than most major airlines. I think it would be better if BA could once & for all implement high standards befitting of premium cabins - and simply stick to them, rather than constantly changing in ways that so often generate negative feedback and page after page of grim photos.
All IAG's management team needs to do is to copy what its partners like CX and JL are doing in Asia and we can all stop complaining!
dddc and Sealink like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mun
Longhaul business class dining should be an experience (in a good way) for those that want it. It’s fine to offer a single tray option as an express alternative, but as the only ‘option’ is simply not competitive with the competition.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Genius1
Longhaul business class dining should be an experience (in a good way) for those that want it. It’s fine to offer a single tray option as an express alternative, but as the only ‘option’ is simply not competitive with the competition.
Look to Asia and not America for inspiration!
Genius1 and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
All IAG's management team needs to do is to copy what its partners like CX and JL are doing in Asia and we can all stop complaining!
Wishful thinking I’d say. You might be waiting a while.

And perhaps try to imitate QR too (which just happens to be IAG’s largest single shareholder …..)
lsquare, becks1 and PGberkshire like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I used to really appreciate the chilled main course salad option in CW. I think I was in the minority but always found it consistently good and quite substantial, as well as relatively healthy.

I hope whatever is announced has been properly tested on the line on each aircraft type & config by cabin crew.

No more silliness of the charger not really fitting on the tray or the trolley not fitting down the aisle. The catering needs to be customised to work with the equipment!
BA6501 and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
July - news announced and viral social media campaign begun
August - Red Leicester cheese upgraded to Brie
September - starter ramekin brought out separately
October - roast dinner replaced with mince and potatoes
November - pudding served separately and upgraded to blancmange
December - revert back to cheese OR pudding. Merry Christmas.
I albeit briefly assumed this was a genuine leak

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.