Wiki Posts
Search

Queues at GLA?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Queues at GLA?

Travelling GLA>LHR>CDG on Sat 9 July. Economy class, hand baggage only, no privileges on BA. Just wondering how folks are doing getting through GLA? Flight's at 1130 on Saturday morning, is 0930 early enough in real world?

Conversely, how bad is CDG on the way home the following wednesday lunchtime?

thanks

dq
Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
It’s very much how long is a piece of string at the moment. Glasgow had severe baggage probLems yesterday whilst you are HBO it caused delays and missed connections.

Under normal circumstances should be fine, easy transfer at LHR on outbound can’t comment on return.

id keep an eye on Flyertalk and developments but hope with trimmed schedules there will be less irrops this week.
dqtvsound likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: OWE. KLM PE.
61 pounds Glasgow to CDH Easyjet buy it as back up as I reckon you will need it. Can never figure out why people fly 2 flights on such short routes . Or is it to come on here to say how much fun they had in 5 lounges between flights. Seriously avoid Heathrow like the plague.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: OWE. KLM PE.
BA IT. Today had 5 emails asking me to survey the crap flights I had last week. I had 3 emails exactly the same yesterday. I had 2 identical emails today teling me they are working thier nuts off to find my lost luggage from 4 days ago .
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
The security line was fairly well managed on Friday 24th June at around 14,30.

But 20 minutes to get a pint in a plastic glass?
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by malagajohn

But 20 minutes to get a pint in a plastic glass?
Hope it was worth waiting for.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:43 pm

Queues looked pretty grim on Sun 3 July, both for check in and security. I was there at about 7am, goodness knows what it was like a few hours later. Priority was fine though - about 20 mins from entering the terminal to getting to lounge.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 9:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by CosmoCosmo
Queues looked pretty grim on Sun 3 July, both for check in and security. I was there at about 7am, goodness knows what it was like a few hours later. Priority was fine though - about 20 mins from entering the terminal to getting to lounge.
I was there 1 July and the queues were bedlam, and again 2 July.

Priority queue was fine, 20 minutes or so, but the other lines were long.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
GLA isn't too bad at the moment. It gets busy around the leisure flights - Jet2, TUI etc. The long-haul TUI flights go out early to places like MCO and CUN so it can be busy for those and with leisure flights, you obviously get leisure travellers who are not quite so adept at getting through airports as quickly. I flew to DUB yesterday morning - 0835 departure and security took about 10 mins even with a TUI 787 to Corfu in the mix.
efincomputer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.