Community
Wiki Posts
Search

evoucher issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:02 am
Original Poster

evoucher issues

Trying to use an evoucher and constantly getting a warning that my surname and email don’t match - they do, but anyway…is this a common problem? The voucher has now “locked” itself for 24hrs…joy. Can I call to book with it?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Which kind of voucher is it?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by mfhpfl
Trying to use an evoucher and constantly getting a warning that my surname and email don’t match - they do, but anyway…is this a common problem? The voucher has now “locked” itself for 24hrs…joy. Can I call to book with it?
Yes I’ve had similar issues, did the original booking for which the voucher is deprived from feature multiple surnames? If so, even if you requested one eVoucher, as the lead, and the eVoucher shows your name within the email, it may still be associated with a different surname on the original booking from which it came. It’s been suggested it is the first or last surname from the passenger list, however in my case if was the surname from passenger #2

Still don’t know the rule or rhyme as to which surname should be linked, and you only get 2/3 attempts before the voucher is locked for 24hrs
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by stifle
Which kind of voucher is it?
Every voucher with a surname verification is now eVoucher now right?

I know the BA Apology vouchers don’t have an associated surname.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Every voucher with a surname verification is now eVoucher now right?

I know the BA Apology vouchers don’t have an associated surname.
Online eVouchers are transferable to other people. Offline FTVs are not transferable. Some offline FTVs are being transfered to online eVouchers, others are being refunded, to reduce pressure on the contact centres.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Online eVouchers are transferable to other people. Offline FTVs are not transferable. Some offline FTVs are being transfered to online eVouchers, others are being refunded, to reduce pressure on the contact centres.
Good to know. Any thoughts on the OP’s issue with the surname not matching?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Good to know. Any thoughts on the OP’s issue with the surname not matching?
No idea, not enough information provided.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Yes I’ve had similar issues, did the original booking for which the voucher is deprived from feature multiple surnames? If so, even if you requested one eVoucher, as the lead, and the eVoucher shows your name within the email, it may still be associated with a different surname on the original booking from which it came. It’s been suggested it is the first or last surname from the passenger list, however in my case if was the surname from passenger #2

Still don’t know the rule or rhyme as to which surname should be linked, and you only get 2/3 attempts before the voucher is locked for 24hrs
It was exactly this issue - the voucher was associated with passenger #2 surname. Worked fine after that
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by mfhpfl
It was exactly this issue - the voucher was associated with passenger #2 surname. Worked fine after that
Interesting it was also pax 2’s surname associated. I wonder what the algorithm is?

In my case, I was the lead pax on the original booking, single eVoucher requested, email states my surname beside the 125- eVoucher#, and it was not my, the first or last surname associated - and it took trial and error to find that out.

Frustating that the voucher is locked after a few attempts, although I can see the precautious reasoning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.