Tips for MCO Airport

Old Jul 4, 22, 5:56 am
  #31  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 248
Originally Posted by dougzz View Post
Advertising $15/hour and then paying it are not the same thing. Deducting uniform cost and other such things, forcing people to clock off when the store in not busy, but wait around (unpaid) to clock on again should it become busy.

Youre travelling through an airport once and seem very invested in how it should go about things.

On TPA I agree its a really nice airport and I always choose it over MCO. But if it becomes too popular and busy itll be just another struggling too busy poor experience airport.
Confession - I'm just hacked off there is nowhere to smoke airside in MCO whereas there is at Tampa.

It's something to "look forward to" if you are stuck in huge queues
T8191 likes this.
Butts is offline  
Old Jul 4, 22, 10:28 am
  #32  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: From ORK, live LCY
Programs: IHG Gold, BA Bronze, Accor Silver, ABP
Posts: 13,172
Originally Posted by Brighterside View Post
My Global Entry gives me TSA Pre Check which is usually quieter than "normal" security at MCO and, of course, it offers advantages on arrival at US airports.
I wish I were one of the eligible nationalities for PreCheck.
stifle is offline  
Old Jul 4, 22, 1:57 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 47
Whilst were talking about MCO (and I appreciate that this isnt BA related): Ive got an internal Delta flight (MCO-BOS) coming up and a platinum Amex - am I likely to be fine to get in to the Delta lounge or could it be too busy like The Club often is in the afternoon?
green_tie is offline  
Old Jul 4, 22, 2:08 pm
  #34  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TPA/ABZ
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Posts: 11,262
Originally Posted by green_tie View Post
Whilst were talking about MCO (and I appreciate that this isnt BA related): Ive got an internal Delta flight (MCO-BOS) coming up and a platinum Amex - am I likely to be fine to get in to the Delta lounge or could it be too busy like The Club often is in the afternoon?
All other things being equal, your Platinum card together with a Delta operated flight will gain you access to the Sky Club. I think you'd be better off posting in the Delta forum for such specific advice about crowding.
golfmad is offline  
Old Jul 7, 22, 4:48 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 9,938
TPA is getting some more love - and direct from LHR !!! On Virgin, but it's another option to steer well clear of MCO !

The planned operation is as follows:
VS129 DEPART LHR 13:25 ARRIVE TPA 18:35
V130 DEPART TPA 20:50 ARRIVE LHR 1015+1

Commences 3rd November 2022. operating four days a week
Scales to a daily operation from 28th November
Equipment type: Undefined at this moment.
golfmad likes this.
mikeyfly is offline  
Old Jul 7, 22, 5:14 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NCL
Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Posts: 817
Originally Posted by dougzz View Post
Advertising $15/hour and then paying it are not the same thing. Deducting uniform cost and other such things, forcing people to clock off when the store in not busy, but wait around (unpaid) to clock on again should it become busy.
Do you have first hand experience of this practice in either McD US or UK?
DaveNCL is offline  
Old Jul 7, 22, 6:18 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 1,416
Originally Posted by DaveNCL View Post
Do you have first hand experience of this practice in either McD US or UK?
No.
dougzz is offline  
Old Jul 8, 22, 9:26 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,468
Will BA move to new T-C at MCO from Sept make any tangible difference to anything?
gw76 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 22, 10:10 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Warwickshire England
Posts: 632
Both BA and Aer Lingus will be moving to Terminal C In September, along with
Azul
Breeze Airways
Carribean
Emerates
GOL
Icelandair
Jetblue
Lufthansa
Norse

shoujd be a quicker plane to luggage to main terminal
AlanA is offline  
Old Jul 11, 22, 3:33 am
  #40  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 248
Well just to report in my experience of MCO on July 9th was fine.

Used the Economy check in line as there was no one in it - the Priority line was rammed, why didn't others move to it ?

Security took about 10 mins to get through.

The Club Lounge was fine (been in far worse) plenty of free Alcohol available, not sure about food as my son just fetched crisps to accompany the beers.

Only downside we were delayed taking off due to the baggage not being able to be loaded until the lightning subsided !!!
Butts is offline  
Old Jul 11, 22, 3:43 am
  #41  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TPA/ABZ
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Posts: 11,262
Originally Posted by Butts View Post
Only downside we were delayed taking off due to the baggage not being able to be loaded until the lightning subsided !!!
A very common problem at the moment. The baggage handlers aren't let out until there's a period of lightning free activity in the area. I think something like 20-30 minutes. Given that there's lightning almost every day in the summer during the afternoons this can be a bit problematic.
golfmad is offline  
Old Jul 11, 22, 5:13 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Around somewhere
Programs: Silver, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Posts: 606
Originally Posted by AlanA View Post
Both BA and Aer Lingus will be moving to Terminal C In September, along with
Azul
Breeze Airways
Carribean
Emerates
GOL
Icelandair
Jetblue
Lufthansa
Norse

shoujd be a quicker plane to luggage to main terminal
You would only need to go to the main terminal if you are connecting as there will be all the usual ground transportation options at Terminal C, it was built as an inter-modal terminal after all.
SonTech is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread