Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel System Issue LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Fuel System Issue LHR

Saw there was some issue with the fuelling system leading to significant delays… just what everyone needs
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Seems like it. Arrivals have been regulated for the next 3 hours and nothing seems to be taxiing out. Going to be a lot of cancellations and angry passengers in the coming hours I think.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:58 am

Have been sitting on BA286 arriving from SFO for close to an hour now, albeit in First. No empty A380 gates, nobody leaving any time soon from what we hear, and no remote stands with stairs available either. Good fun all around!
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:59 am

The update from HAL as of an hour ago.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: Some
Yep, this afternoon’s meltdown has begun! I was booked on the 13.55 and 14.30 to PMI, cancelled the 13.55 a couple of hours ago when the 14.30 was still indicating on time. Just advised at the boarding gate for the 14.30 that everyone with lounge access should go back to the lounge, so probably not a short wait and kicking myself for cancelling the earlier flight
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:07 am

Apparently all fixed. We have now been refueled and pushed back.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Thankful that we have just arrived on the EI from BHD. Straight off and no delays. T2.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Oops I bet the BA and HAL ops people could just cry now.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:04 am

This is the way of the world now - see comments about aircraft returning to service after months/years in the desert, for example.

That's just the equipment that has been idle for perhaps too long. And then there are the staff, with their great depth of knowledge - many of whom have gone elsewhere and seem unwilling to return.

And management - who, incredibly, seem to be living on a different, inflation-free planet to the workers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.