BA2673 LCA-LGW Cancelled Help Please

Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Filmcritic
Thanks for that, where would I find that information?
Here
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Ive had zero problems claiming when I sorted myself out v BA offering.
Yes, this is what I was getting at - but it's a commercial gesture, there's no entitlement to anything if you refuse the BA hotel.
allturnleft likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cauchy
Yes, this is what I was getting at - but it's a commercial gesture, there's no entitlement to anything if you refuse the BA hotel.
not IME - I was told they were very happy for me to make my own arrangements and claim back?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
BA's systems are not that well connected. If a passenger sorts out their own hotel and it's under 200 per room (with 2 people per room) then it will get paid. It may take a few weeks. However clearly if you take the arranged hotel then it's one less thing to worry about and usually a buffet supper will be put on, which also saves on receipts. The other small advantage is that if there are further changes then being at the "official" hotel means you may be able to get check-out and what not sorted out. Given the generally high standards of hotels around Larnaca I wouldn't be too concerned.
sammyg901 and Confus like this.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 2, 2022 at 11:04 am
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
What has happened here is that this morning's BA673 had a mechanical problem and was originally delayed to 15:00, then 20:30.

Then BA2673 was cancelled and passengers rebooked to BA673 as many of those original passengers had rebooked.

Then BA673 was further delayed and is now showing an estimated departure of tomorrow (July 3rd) at 17:00.

I honestly don’t think BA has a clue when the aircraft will complete repairs and it may well complete earlier than tne current estimate but if I were booked on it, I would be activating the “at your earliest convenience” part of EU261 and rebooking to whatever currently looks like it is operating.

Edit: BA2673 cancellation code is FCRW, Flight Crew, but what is W ?

Edit: BA665 tomorrow at 14:55 still has some space.

Last edited by Tafflyer; Jul 2, 2022 at 11:04 am
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Told us to wait and they will get coach to take us to a hotel. If I refuse and go to my own hotel can I still claim back the cost of the hotel?
If BA has agreed to arrange hotel, shuttle bus and presumably meals as well why would insist to arrange on your own and expect it to be reimbursed afterwards? I would certainly expect (and hope) such req. for reimbursement to be rejected citing that you declined the BA offer to arrange accommodation, meals etc.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
And to top it all of, the LCA flight is the most tiring one in the European schedule, almost 5 hours in the sardine can, even in CE...They should have brought in a lie flat equipment for this recovery...
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SK AAR
If BA has agreed to arrange hotel, shuttle bus and presumably meals as well why would insist to arrange on your own and expect it to be reimbursed afterwards? I would certainly expect (and hope) such req. for reimbursement to be rejected citing that you declined the BA offer to arrange accommodation, meals etc.
I hate these arrangements. It usually involves the whole plane of passengers being transported at the same time, causing delays checking in to the hotel, then group buffet meals and transport back to the airport also all together, overloading check-in desks. On top of that, you can most certainly be sure of a low grade hotel probably a long way from the airport. I may sound pessimistic but I have recent experience of this.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Then by all means arrange on your own, but don't expect BA to pay for it.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Update: were at the e hotel spa & resort pervolia if anyone has stayed here before? Quick look at tripadvisor seems to be hotel other airlines have used when delayed. Looks like a boutique resort just had a basic supper yet to check in. Was about 20 minute bus ride from airport.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Prsidentielle
I was first thinking of suggesting AY1928 LCA-HEL and then BA6035 HEL-LHR, but unfortunately AY1928 is full on Sunday. So, BA or the Lufthansa Group rebooking options are your only practical options.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
I was first thinking of suggesting AY1928 LCA-HEL and then BA6035 HEL-LHR, but unfortunately AY1928 is full on Sunday. So, BA or the Lufthansa Group rebooking options are your only practical options.
You can fly on Aegean via Athens tomorrow. A3 903 / A3 602, alternatively Lufty via Munich LH 1769 / LH2462. There are also options on Austrian via Vienna.

BA 663 and BA 665 still have some limited space.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
As im now in my room id like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has taken time & contributed to this thread, this is my first experience of this situation and all the information has been very helpful. Now looking at what i can claim compensation under EU261.

How much would i receive for the LGW cancellation?
If i have to take a taxi from LHR-LGW to collect my car, do i claim this under 261 or would there be another claims route?
LGW flight was CE avios/companion voucher if there is no availability tomorrow and im in economy would i get compensated for that?

Once again thanks for all your help, this forum is invaluable for infrequent travellers like myself.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:14 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Update: were at the e hotel spa & resort pervolia if anyone has stayed here before? Quick look at tripadvisor seems to be hotel other airlines have used when delayed. Looks like a boutique resort just had a basic supper yet to check in. Was about 20 minute bus ride from airport.
Thanks for that update, by all means give a mini review here when you have sussed the place out, it may help other people in similar positions in the future. There is a certain sort of hotel that gets this business, which is essentially about being able to knock up food for 50-200 people with 2 hours notice. The Renaissance at Heathrow is a good example of this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:19 pm

How much would i receive for the LGW cancellation?
If i have to take a taxi from LHR-LGW to collect my car, do i claim this under 261 or would there be another claims route?
LGW flight was CE avios/companion voucher if there is no availability tomorrow and im in economy would i get compensated for that?
Because the LGW service was cancelled due to crew (sickness I suspect) then you are good for EC261. Your flight is a mere 24 km into the maximum band, so 600€ / 520 per person. It's possible the coach option will still be available, in which case BA will in their rights not to pay a taxi, but they would probably (not definitely) pay 50 towards it. You can claim downgrade too, that's the Mennens formula in the main EC261. But you may find it easier to reclaim the Avios difference and ask BA for some Avios extra so that you won't claim specifically for the downgrade. Don't forget to get some receipts for food and drink tomorrow, that's covered.

ba.com/complaints

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.