Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Balance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Balance

Thought I’d add a bit of balance to the seemingly endless reports of crisis and chaos peddled by our allegedly independent BBC and press.

Arrived at LHR T5 on Friday 1 July at about 9.00 for BA660 to Chania. It was fairly busy but nothing bad with perhaps a bit more than half the queues for check in full. Quieter in Business / Club zone H and only 2 people queuing for bag check in at the First Wing.

No queue at security in First (both lanes open) and walked straight through to the fairly busy lounge (perhaps 50-60% full). Nice and relaxing in CCR.

Boarding delayed by 15 mins by missing crew member but regular announcements by the gate staff. When it did board, it was by priority lines (not groups) and was well organised despite full flight.

Friendly crew with personal greeting and menu, drinks round before lunch (which was actually very nice and substantial) and several further crew rounds asking if we needed anything else.

Flight made up a bit of time and we arrived on time.

No drama, no issues and a thoroughly pleasant flight.
gcuk, SKT-DK and m8_rotate like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by JezzaG
Thought I’d add a bit of balance to the seemingly endless reports of crisis and chaos peddled by our allegedly independent BBC and press.

Arrived at LHR T5 on Friday 1 July at about 9.00 for BA660 to Chania. It was fairly busy but nothing bad with perhaps a bit more than half the queues for check in full. Quieter in Business / Club zone H and only 2 people queuing for bag check in at the First Wing.

No queue at security in First (both lanes open) and walked straight through to the fairly busy lounge (perhaps 50-60% full). Nice and relaxing in CCR.

Boarding delayed by 15 mins by missing crew member but regular announcements by the gate staff. When it did board, it was by priority lines (not groups) and was well organised despite full flight.

Friendly crew with personal greeting and menu, drinks round before lunch (which was actually very nice and substantial) and several further crew rounds asking if we needed anything else.

Flight made up a bit of time and we arrived on time.

No drama, no issues and a thoroughly pleasant flight.
Glad everything went well, it is nice to see some balanced perspective. The forum but its nature is used normally to report problems and ask for advice, and one could be forgiven for believing all the harrowing tales are the norm. I do feel for those that are traveling from UK-based departures over the next 2 months, as they are particularly at risk of multiple negative influences, 90% of which are outside the control of the travelers.
plunet likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.