Community
Wiki Posts
Search

0 LPGS in F on BA286 SFO-LHR (1 July 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

0 LPGS in F on BA286 SFO-LHR (1 July 2022)

Kicking off a lengthy Europe trip with my wife seated in 2E/F on BA286 SFO-LHR. Was excited to celebrate with a champagne toast, only to be informed (by the very lovely crew) that zero Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle (LPGS) is available for this 10hr First Class flight. Instead, they are serving Canard Duchene Brut from Business Class (significantly lower quality). Luckily the Lanson Extra Age Rose Champagne seems to be available (who knows for how long though) and it is decent. First world problems, yes, but come on British Airways - get a grip!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:20 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
I might suspect that some of the denizens of the BA forum might have had all of it on the outbound leg from LHR.
abligh and HarbourGent like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ttuna3
I might suspect that some of the denizens of the BA forum might have had all of it on the outbound leg from LHR.
I dare say I suspect that you are right. Yet still, I’m in awe that BA can’t get their catering right to make sure that there is enough for both segments. BA advertises First Class as offering an “array of high-quality wine selections” and they can’t even stock their flagship First Class champagne for more than the outbound LHR-SFO sector. This would be a non-issue on ANA, Emirates, Singapore, JAL, Qatar, etc. These airlines’ backup F champagne would be Dom, Krug, or Taittinger Comtes, not Canard freaking Duchene. Again, first world problems - yes, but when paying cold hard cash, these kinds of issues are not easily overlooked. If I wanted Canard Duchene, I would have flown Club World. End rant.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:21 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I was on the outbound, and can faithfully report that personally I had ZERO LPGS!
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ttuna3
the outbound cc shouldn’t let that happen.
Can I help you and ernad like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Markie
I was on the outbound, and can faithfully report that personally I had ZERO LPGS!
Thank you for your service!
FlightDetective and Markie like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
No big loss I guess as I find it rather overrated
C_Smith likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by TarquinMontague
No big loss I guess as I find it rather overrated
The issue is there are scant other choices onboard in BA F befitting of the product. If LPGS runs out which it has a couple of times for me, I probably stop drinking unless there is a decent burgundy on the wine list, as the rest of the choices are typically quite poor. Contrast with, e.g., EK where if the Dom Perignon runs out it doesn’t matter as there will probably be 2-3 other F wines that are a pleasure to drink. Of course, the only time DP has run out on EK for me is when it was a special edition like P2 or Rose in the first place…
ernad and TarquinMontague like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:47 am

Wish I had your problems! Catering for our F (at least I thought it was but clearly it should have read "F.A.") service SFO/LHR but not onward to ZRH culminated with water & crisps in the shady lee of the baggage mountain at belt 11 instead of the slopes of the Swiss Alps.

Last edited by Bullswood; Jul 2, 2022 at 7:08 am
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
The issue is there are scant other choices onboard in BA F befitting of the product. If LPGS runs out which it has a couple of times for me, I probably stop drinking unless there is a decent burgundy on the wine list, as the rest of the choices are typically quite poor. Contrast with, e.g., EK where if the Dom Perignon runs out it doesn’t matter as there will probably be 2-3 other F wines that are a pleasure to drink. Of course, the only time DP has run out on EK for me is when it was a special edition like P2 or Rose in the first place…
This exactly. On EK F if P2 Dom runs out, you fall back to a 1er/2eme Cru Bordeaux. Not with BA, where every other wine on the BA F list retails at $20 - $30 and they tend to be quite “meh”. LPGS is the unicorn, and without it BA F’s wine list is shabby.
daftboy and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bullswood
Wish I had your problems! Catering for our F (at least I thought it was but clearly it should have read "F.A.") service SFO/LHR but not onward to ZRH culminated with water & crisps in the shady lee of the baggage mountain at belt 11 instead of the slopes of the Swiss Alps.
Not counting my chickens just yet mate! Our a380 has been on the ground close to an hour now and can’t park due to Heathrow’s ongoing fueling system issue (no empty a380 gates). Eager to see if we can make it to the only non-canceled BA718 over the span of 5 days.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:57 am

Plenty

Plenty available on SJC-LHR and back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.