T3 much worse for BA departures than T5?

Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
T3 much worse for BA departures than T5?

Hello

I have been following BA925 since the last few days (LHR-NUE) on Flight Radar as I have a flight next week for work (staying then in NUE over night so rather relaxed) and in the week afterwards (a little bit less relaxed as I have then an onward train journey with wife and baby to Eastern Bavaria, but flight departing then already from T5).

In a nutshell, the flight is regularly delayed by at least +2h and today by even +3 hours. I am wondering, out of interest, what the issue with T3 is? Long security lines? No check in staff? Fully understand now that BA moves flights to T5 if Ops work out better over there after cancellations.

In any case I'll arrive next week at least + 4 hours before my flight for the CX lounge (and Centurion if it gets really late)

D
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It’s ground handling which is the issue at T3 and it’s affecting that terminal more that T5. This is why BA is doing its panic move on 12 July and moving pretty much all its routes from T3 back to T5 (apart from 13) to maximise use of resources.

Bear in mind CX closes around 1730-1800 unless there are any later CX flights.
Duck1981 and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
It’s ground handling which is the issue at T3 and it’s affecting that terminal more that T5. This is why BA is doing its panic move on 12 July and moving pretty much all its routes from T3 back to T5 (apart from 13) to maximise use of resources.

..and I just remembered that Centurion also closes at 6pm! Out of interest I might sneak out the Galleries over there (never been) if it gets really late... or try Qantas if still open
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Hello

I have been following BA925 since the last few days (LHR-NUE) on Flight Radar as I have a flight next week for work (staying then in NUE over night so rather relaxed) and in the week afterwards (a little bit less relaxed as I have then an onward train journey with wife and baby to Eastern Bavaria, but flight departing then already from T5).

In a nutshell, the flight is regularly delayed by at least +2h and today by even +3 hours. I am wondering, out of interest, what the issue with T3 is? Long security lines? No check in staff? Fully understand now that BA moves flights to T5 if Ops work out better over there after cancellations.

In any case I'll arrive next week at least + 4 hours before my flight for the CX lounge (and Centurion if it gets really late)

D
Doubt its worse. Check out ba822 this week from t5
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Doubt its worse. Check out ba822 this week from t5
Well, that's even worse than the rotation to NUE!

I am looking forward to my flight with family on the 14th just the day before most of the state schools break...
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by KARFA

I was at CX J twice in mid-June and both times it closed at 5:30 PM. The staff started clearing the food at the buffet station at about 5 PM.
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Duck1981
..and I just remembered that Centurion also closes at 6pm! Out of interest I might sneak out the Galleries over there (never been) if it gets really late... or try Qantas if still open
Centurion should be open till 9pm, isn't it?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:24 am

Terminal 3 is a zoo at the moment.

Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sigwx
Terminal 3 is a zoo at the moment.

Thank you! Well I am happy that my flight out of T3 is on a Tuesday and b) that when I fly with family on the 14th it goes out of T5 (not sure if it'll much better as it'll be the day before schools break).
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I have some Avios seats for a long weekend in VIE departing from T3 on a Sat at 9.00am at start August. I have already decided not to bother, and am hoping BA will cancel before I have to do so. Sad but true !
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I have some Avios seats for a long weekend in VIE departing from T3 on a Sat at 9.00am at start August. I have already decided not to bother, and am hoping BA will cancel before I have to do so. Sad but true !
you may well find that flexibility is provided anyway regardless of cancellations as has been the case this week. Keep an eye on mmb later this week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.