Another cancellation thread..

Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Another cancellation thread..

Apologies for not finding the thread elsewhere that may answer but Iíve just arrived in Barcelona and drive. Up to the hills for my friends wedding so time is short.

Due to fly back to LCY Sunday night and our welcome to Spain message from BA came in the form of weíve cancelled your flight and you are now going home at 7am on Monday.

No mention of what we due in the preceding hours.

I donít have time to spend this weekend holding on the phone to BA.

RR

Do I just find a hotel in Barcelona and charge it back plus taxis into the city centre and back to the airport?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
Do I just find a hotel in Barcelona and charge it back plus taxis into the city centre and back to the airport?
No point ringing BA for this (and I'm surprised they have not requested you to avoid calling). Just find a suitable hotel, under £200 a night. You can claim taxis, presumably due to the hour. Personally I'd push to a later flight to avoid the early start. You can also claim food and non alcoholic drinks so photo the receipts.
crazyarmadillo and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:39 pm

if it's a simple enough ticket then you should be able to see some seats on the Monday 10.15am or 8.35pm to LHR in MMB - Monday LCY is full as are all flights on Sunday. It isn't the most robust piece of BA IT unfortunately but you could try chat too - keep typing "speak to an agent"

Personally I'd go on the 10.15am and have the evening in Barcelona, though I am literally as I type researching / pulling my hair out at accomodation prices/availability there in July/Aug - it's absolutely nuts! So hopefully you can find something
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:45 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The OP doesn't have to stay in Barcelona if a later flight is chosen, but the Hilton is 170€ on Sunday night, and it's in a good location.
sammyg901 and RockyRobin like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:46 am
Original Poster

We’ve taken the early Monday flight as we have work on Monday so that way we will only be a few hours late.

The system only gave us one option when I did find flights it came up with no alternative

Thanks, I will take a look at the Hilton before the next round of festivities start
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Our flight from MXP to LHR (BA583, 08.05-09.15) for tomorrow is cancelled. Can somebody see the reason? Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ewosel
Our flight from MXP to LHR (BA583, 08.05-09.15) for tomorrow is cancelled. Can somebody see the reason? Thanks.
FCRY

so thatís flight crew (lack of) and yes for compensation.
ewosel likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
OK, we're a family of five.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ewosel
OK, we're a family of five.
Thatíll be Ä2,000 plus out of pocket expenses for you then!
Fatdickie and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:30 am
Original Poster

I’ve booked the MeliŠ next to the airport for about £145. We can dump the car back then hop two stops on the metro to the hotel then go into town for dinner.

With such an early flight and the historical queues I’ve experienced at BCN we didn’t want to stay in town as the metro only starts at 5am
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by RockyRobin
Iíve booked the MeliŠ next to the airport for about £145. We can dump the car back then hop two stops on the metro to the hotel then go into town for dinner.

With such an early flight and the historical queues Iíve experienced at BCN we didnít want to stay in town as the metro only starts at 5am
I've stayed there a few times, it's next to the headquarters of Vueling, were a certain CEO started his IAG career. There's isn't much around the hotel, it's in an industrial estate, and the catering at the hotel isn't that exciting (ok for breakfast) but it is handy for both the metro and bus to the airport.
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've stayed there a few times, it's next to the headquarters of Vueling, were a certain CEO started his IAG career. There's isn't much around the hotel, it's in an industrial estate, and the catering at the hotel isn't that exciting (ok for breakfast) but it is handy for both the metro and bus to the airport.
Cheers. I dropped the bags and Ms RR there and dropped the car off at T1 then two stops and a walk for the tube.

They is also a huge Amazon fulfilment centre there, I felt sorry for the shift that were all arriving.

We had lunch on the terrace and it was a lovely spot, we found the food to be ok mind you I could have eaten a scabby dug.

Now for the train to Sitges for a BA paid for meal :-)
sammyg901 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.