Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Booking - Cabin Full

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by abligh
That's on an A319, and is showing zeroed out (i.e. no more seats being sold). But if you look at the seat map below, you will note that the three rows behind the curtain (division between business and economy) are unavailable for selection. So likely they will just move the curtain back and generate more rows in business class (they can generate up to three without moving anyone in Economy). You'll also note that there are actually two seats available; unless you are Gold or GGL you won't be able to select the one in row 1 until shortly before the flight.

TLDR don't worry about this. After all, it's more likely your flight will be delayed / cancelled than that you will get bumped from club (apologies for gallows humour).

ExpertFlyer for the flight in question

this is very true!! Haha 😂 I am hoping we make it as far as the airport. Thanks all for checking!
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by testycal
Also sorry to jump on thread..checking wife and daughter's flight BA164 TLV LHR July 6/22.....no seat allocation in PE....agent advises one seat available confirmed by EFlyer...one seat in business...if business sells out. thus preventing upgrade for PE Silver/Gold, what is the procedure? assuming my assumptions are correct.
There currently 6 unoccupied seats in J on that flight, 5 blocked and 1 available.

PE has 3 seats available (20 d e f) and a further 10 blocked seats that will gradually be released as people check and more seats are needed.

This is standard theoretical seating behaviour
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
TLV has a high proportion of no-shows. That service has a Flub option, so more CW seats can be made available in First, and some already are taken. WTP isn't full, there are some blocked seats. So my current expection would be that your wife and daughter would travel WTP, slight chance of an upgrade. The ground staff at Ben Gurion are quite adept at shuffling people around at the last moment, I wouldn't be concerned since I've seen far more problematic departures from TLV than this service. If things would be impossible to resolve BA will ring passengers to see if they will accept other services - which they would do tomorrow - but my hunch is that it will not be needed.
testycal and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:26 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Showing that there are still 3 seats available for purchase in Prem Econ -

J2
C0 D0 R0 I0 W3 E1 T0 Y1 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0

testycal likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
There currently 6 unoccupied seats in J on that flight, 5 blocked and 1 available.

PE has 3 seats available (20 d e f) and a further 10 blocked seats that will gradually be released as people check and more seats are needed.

Why however would website prevent me from choosing and paying for a seat allocation rather than showing no seat availability?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Why however would website prevent me from choosing and paying for a seat allocation rather than showing no seat availability?
This tel aviv flight? I guess its a symptom of theoretical seating. Just the same as me not being able to choose just any seat after t-72.

Have a read at the first few posts in this thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1787834-theoretical-seating-master-thread-blocked-seats-status.html
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If your daughter is under 12 then you - or rather your wife - can call BA and check that she is sat next to your wife. There's no charge for that option, but Theoretical Seating may have done that already. That phone call has to be done more than 26 hours from departure but less than 72 hours, since after then it goes to airport control.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If your daughter is under 12 then you - or rather your wife - can call BA and check that she is sat next to your wife. There's no charge for that option, but Theoretical Seating may have done that already. That phone call has to be done more than 26 hours from departure but less than 72 hours, since after then it goes to airport control.
if so then my money is on this being the reason for the blocks in 16 j and k
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
If they have the little gold diamond shape on, they are reserved for Gold / GGL until shortly before the flight.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
It does seem a strange system to me ,get invited to book your seat but then discover that’s not possible as the cabin appears full. It’s bound to cause unnecessary stress to passengers and unnecessary calls to BA unless everyone know to come here for help and advice !
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Originally Posted by scottishpoet

Originally Posted by Yetak
It does seem a strange system to me ,get invited to book your seat but then discover that’s not possible as the cabin appears full. It’s bound to cause unnecessary stress to passengers and unnecessary calls to BA unless everyone know to come here for help and advice !
Does BA not wish to generate additional revenue and is doing exactly the opposite by restricting option to purchase seats that are there for the taking? As Yetak stated....counter intuitive to me at least whether to purchase a seat or to choose one. And Yetak is absolutely correct..I am taking up bandwith on the BA phone system that could be better used for others with larger issues ie cancellations, baggage delays etc and it does cause stress that is not necessary.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:48 am

I’m flying on 11th July on BA648 and seem to have the same problem? Is there any way to check if there are just blocked seats?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by xxxxx
I’m flying on 11th July on BA648 and seem to have the same problem? Is there any way to check if there are just blocked seats?
If it's Club Europe to CFU then yes it's blocked seats, assuming there are 2 or more passengers. ET is busy, and the flight is nearly full, but I would imagine seats are available, again depending on the number of passngers.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If it's Club Europe to CFU then yes it's blocked seats, assuming there are 2 or more passengers. ET is busy, and the flight is nearly full, but I would imagine seats are available, again depending on the number of passngers.
There are 3 of us and will only allow us to book 2 seats in Club.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by xxxxx
There are 3 of us and will only allow us to book 2 seats in Club.
Yes, that makes sense, 2 free seats, plus 4 blocked seats on top.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.