Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

1 Jul : global Amadeus issue, affecting travel agents and airlines, including BA

1 Jul : global Amadeus issue, affecting travel agents and airlines, including BA

Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Skywards

Just got through to BAEC Gold line in about 4 mins. Couldn't believe my luck until the poor agent had to tell me they have no system access; to accounts, e-tickets.....etc since 0830 (UK) this morning. She didn't know when they might come back online. Not ideal given the disruption they are having to rebook at the moment. Is it just the UK systems. Anyone had any luck elsewhere?

MTP
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:06 am
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
It is a global Amadeus issue, affecting travel agents and airlines, including BA. It started around 0715 UK time today and while some improvements have been found, it isn't yet fixed fully. This means the call centres can't assist as normal, and most ba.com bookings are being created online ok but ticketing fails, so we are wading now through those. The issue has affected airports, too.
munchthepow, Markie, gcuk and 8 others like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
What a day for this to happen. Hope it gets fixed but BA is guaranteed a backlog of manual ticketing by the sounds of it.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
What a day for this to happen. Hope it gets fixed but BA is guaranteed a backlog of manual ticketing by the sounds of it.
The first sentence of CWS’ reply was my immediate thought when I read the OP. Really not a good week for this to happen, on top of everything else. I feel very sorry for passengers impacted, but also for the frontline staff who will have to deal with an even greater number of frustrated and tired passengers than usual…
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
It never rains but it pours....
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:07 am
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
Yes indeed, it couldn't have been at a worse time for everyone. It was fixed around 1100 but the knock on effects will be felt for longer. A GLA and MAN have been cancelled for later, on top of the ones already announced. The ticketing backlog is coming down, we are prioritising getting tickets issued/reissued so some won't have receipts, apologies if that is you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.