FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lost BA baggage at LHR— your recent experience? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085173-lost-ba-baggage-lhr-your-recent-experience.html)

califlyer8 Jun 30, 2022 6:36 pm

Lost BA baggage at LHR— your recent experience?

I’ve noticed in many recent posts discussing the multitude of issues with BA at LHR that many people got the dreaded text/email about bags not being offloaded and getting them at some point but who knows when.

I was just wondering for those who experienced that in the last few days, can you comment on if your bag has had any kind of update and if so when and what was it?

Thanks!

califlyer8 Jul 1, 2022 2:34 am

Just thinking out loud, is there a service I can pay that would go to heathrow and track down my bag for me? Does such a person or company exist?

JohnnyCarmello Jul 1, 2022 2:40 am

Flight from Athens landed after 1am on Thursday morning. At least we didn't have to hang around the baggage carousel for an hour before finding out. Just checked the status - Bags are still "being located".

Nightbus to Dalson Jul 1, 2022 2:42 am

I have not even had the curtesy or a text or email & our luggage went missing 2 days ago.
I can't through on the phone & the online reporting bounces back saying that information does not match theirs & to contact their services team to which I have been trying for 3 days straight to no avail.
There is absolutely no customer care whatsoever

corporate-wage-slave Jul 1, 2022 2:44 am

Originally Posted by califlyer8 (Post 34386207)
Just thinking out loud, is there a service I can pay that would go to heathrow and track down my bag for me? Does such a person or company exist?

BA will deliver the bags whereever you are n the world, free of charge. A few countries require airport pick-up for customs reasons but not many and you can choose the airport anyway. So if the basis of your query is that you are on separate tickets, you don't need to worry about this aspect.

califlyer8 Jul 1, 2022 2:44 am

I’m curious at this point, has anyone’s baggage status actually moved from “locating bag” to any other status?

califlyer8 Jul 1, 2022 2:47 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 34386220)
BA will deliver the bags whereever you are n the world, free of charge. A few countries require airport pick-up for customs reasons but not many and you can choose the airport anyway. So if the basis of your query is that you are on separate tickets, you don't need to worry about this aspect.

Yeah but this could take days/weeks/longer? My question was more if there’s a person I can pay to go deal with BA and get my bag today? At this point I have no confidence BA will ever find or deliver my bag?

corporate-wage-slave Jul 1, 2022 2:52 am

Originally Posted by califlyer8 (Post 34386228)
Yeah but this could take days/weeks/longer? My question was more if there’s a person I can pay to go deal with BA and get my bag today? At this point I have no confidence BA will ever find or deliver my bag?

For obvious security and customs reasons this isn't going to be possible. At a pinch a relative bearing similar names and with documents may be able to do this. However ovewhelmingly BA does not encourage people to do this, the baggage is generally shipped out to one of seven DHL warehouse at the first opportunity for onward delivery by DHL and their partners. The exceptions would be things like wheelchairs. Imagine you are at a post office, you turn up and ask for a letter, the staff point to a mountain of unsorted, unprocessed letters, what next? You can't just turn up at LHR and ask for your bag back. Different airlines have different policies, Loganair for example encourages people to go to the airport, but there are local reasons for this given LM's network. There is a ticking clock here, after 3 weeks you can claim for lost items even if in fact they are just delayed.

califlyer8 Jul 1, 2022 3:04 am

Thanks, makes sense. Just frustrating to have no updates or insight, and from what I’ve read it will take forever to get the already accrued expenses reimbursed.

VSLover Jul 1, 2022 3:59 am

my friend arrived from JFK on tuesday, after 90mins he gave up and filed a claim online. that was tuesday and he had zero updates until last night at 10pm when they notified him they were en route to his place with his bag.

the issue is they were delivering to his address on the bag tag and NOT the address he put in the online form, and i am currently living in his old place between houses. so long story short, BA provided zero update to him until they were nearly here, and in the end they seem to have managed to combine the first line of his address from the webform with the postcode of the bag tag (old address), and delivered to me here at 1145pm last night.

if thats how they are delivering bags...not a lot of promise for many!

corporate-wage-slave Jul 1, 2022 4:04 am

Originally Posted by califlyer8 (Post 34386254)
Thanks, makes sense. Just frustrating to have no updates or insight, and from what I’ve read it will take forever to get the already accrued expenses reimbursed.

How long have you waited so far?

simonsmith Jul 1, 2022 4:15 am

In my experience with many lost bags from several airlines the effort of chasing up things and constantly checking is simply pointless. They have on every occasion just eventually turned up .

babyg_wc Jul 1, 2022 4:15 am

Is the "Report your checked baggage as missing" portal working for anybody?
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...issing-baggage
I click continue it says "please wait . . ." then stays on the page
Anybody use this today (1/7)

corporate-wage-slave Jul 1, 2022 4:18 am

From other threads, try using this when not logged in to BAEC, there's a cookie clash. Or use incognito / different PC etc.

SheepyAFC Jul 1, 2022 4:25 am

Can't advise highly enough to buy an airtag for each case.

Helped me last month to

1, Locate where my bag actually was (airport and area)
2. Advise the airline where it was.
3. When BA located it due to my advise and they advised what flight it was being put on I could check this was actually happening as saw it moving locations as flight time got nearer and if it was on plane.
3 When it arrived at my airport tell the airport that it had arrived and where it was even though they said it hadn't arrived 3 hours after the plane arrived into ABZ.