Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lost BA baggage at LHR— your recent experience?

Lost BA baggage at LHR— your recent experience?

Old Jul 1, 22, 4:30 am

Adding a data-point here, I flew on Monday night's BA084 from YVR to LHR. One of my two bags wasn't loaded, however thankfully I had an AirTag in both. The BA team at both Heathrow and Twitter were useless. Neither raised a worldtracer record. So I called Alaska who checked the bags in at SEA, and they did it on BA's behalf. Then BA did eventually raise a record. So now I have two.

It took two further days for BA to load my bag on to the BA084 and it arrived at Heathrow yesterday afternoon. Since then, it was removed from the aircraft at T5C, made its way to a number of locations in T5A, and is now somewhere north of T5C. Not bothered looking at the worldtracer records, but the shambles continues.
Old Jul 1, 22, 4:31 am

Programs: BA GGL
When I enquired at the baggage desk at LHR on Thursday morning I was told that there were tens of thousands of bags at T5 piled up and that this number is growing rather than shrinking as problems with baggage delivery continue. The agent's best estimate was that I'd be waiting 1-2 weeks to get my suitcase back.
Old Jul 1, 22, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy View Post
When I enquired at the baggage desk at LHR on Thursday morning I was told that there were tens of thousands of bags at T5 piled up and that this number is growing rather than shrinking as problems with baggage delivery continue. The agent's best estimate was that I'd be waiting 1-2 weeks to get my suitcase back.
this is so crazy!! Thanks for the data point!
Old Jul 1, 22, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC. Silver.
My son was on a rescheduled AA flight into T5 this morning from DFW

Within 45 mins of the wheels hitting the tarmac
He had his checked Hold luggage from the baggage reclaim belt and was leaving the airport
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Jul 1, 22, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by babyg_wc View Post
Is the "Report your checked baggage as missing" portal working for anybody?
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...issing-baggage
I click continue it says "please wait . . ." then stays on the page
Anybody use this today (1/7)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
From other threads, try using this when not logged in to BAEC, there's a cookie clash. Or use incognito / different PC etc.
Great - thanks for this tip.. it got me so far..
now get
Sorry.Unfortunately we are not able to create your lost baggage report at the moment.
The information you have entered cannot be matched. Please check the details again or contact British Airways Baggage Services Team.
Old Jul 1, 22, 7:29 am

Programs: OWE. KLM PE.
Landed in LHR Wednesday about 1 30 pm, connecting flight to Edinburgh cancelled. Was rebooked on a 8pm flight Thursday and managed to bag a flight about 7 am Thursday. No luggage at EDI and was told it will take weeks to sort this out. Just off out to buy clothes as i have nothing but the clothes I am now wearing. Called the helpine and the miserable guy I spoke to sounded like he had given up the will to live.
Old Jul 1, 22, 7:32 am

Duplicate
Old Jul 1, 22, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy View Post
This photo (a few days old) from discussion in today's Telegraph story re LHR, though not sure of location:

Old Jul 1, 22, 7:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Great - thanks for this tip.. it got me so far..
now get
Sorry.Unfortunately we are not able to create your lost baggage report at the moment.
The information you have entered cannot be matched. Please check the details again or contact British Airways Baggage Services Team.
OK so that's a mismatch of some sort and it's not uncommon. One common feature is where the expected name has your initial in, or a version of your name which mismatches the data in the Tracer database. If you don't have a PIR then you best call in unfortunately. I don't think the system is down since from other posts people have got Tracer to work (even if the information isn't that helpful).
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Jul 1, 22, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benmitchell View Post
Landed in LHR Wednesday about 1 30 pm, connecting flight to Edinburgh cancelled. Was rebooked on a 8pm flight Thursday and managed to bag a flight about 7 am Thursday. No luggage at EDI and was told it will take weeks to sort this out. Just off out to buy clothes as i have nothing but the clothes I am now wearing. Called the helpine and the miserable guy I spoke to sounded like he had given up the will to live.
i can’t believe you got someone on the phone!
Old Jul 1, 22, 8:34 am

I lost my baggage only once, flying from the USA to France, the company( I don't remember it name) returned my money back and even gave me an extra 20%.
Old Jul 1, 22, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
OK so that's a mismatch of some sort and it's not uncommon. One common feature is where the expected name has your initial in, or a version of your name which mismatches the data in the Tracer database. If you don't have a PIR then you best call in unfortunately. I don't think the system is down since from other posts people have got Tracer to work (even if the information isn't that helpful).
Thanks as always CWS... took about an hour to manually log a case via a phone call.... but its in the system now.
Old Jul 1, 22, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks as always CWS... took about an hour to manually log a case via a phone call.... but its in the system now.
how did you reach someone? What # did you call?
Old Jul 1, 22, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by califlyer8 View Post
how did you reach someone? What # did you call?
its the number listed on the website. 0344 493 0785 - total time was 44m 13s actually..
Old Jul 1, 22, 10:54 am

What’s happening at LHR is epic and it’s not confined to BA. We flew into LHR on DL last week and when we went to collect our bags, only 1 of 4 was on the belt. We eventually noticed that it was the entire business class cabin waiting around and thankfully the VS baggage agent said “something is not right” and led us around the other carousels and voila, the business class cabin baggage had been offloaded to the wrong carousel! She said it would have sat there for ages, like the hundreds of other bags stacked up in between carousels.

While we were waiting for our bags, we looked at the tags for the bags strewn about, some were mid-May. We took pictures of some of the tags and the email/phone info and after getting to our hotel we contacted a few of the owners. To a T they all thanked us profusely and said the airline (VS) had never contacted them. We gave them a picture of their bag, bag tag and location between carousels so they could go to LHR and hopefully get someone to go into the baggage area and grab them.

VS isn’t even doing an arrival scan, so all these people can see is that their bag was loaded on a flight to LHR. Our bags never had an arrival scan and so we were lucky the agent helped us go find them.

Search this Thread