Even CCR staff have given up on BA

Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I suspect BA will calculate the cost of an A class single SFO-LHR against the original ticket cost leaving a probably minuscule amount to refund.

OP will then have to somehow bypass the script readers and interns to get correct treatment.

I did think yesterday that BA deserved the trip in vain option. BA is unjustly penalising the OP with its incompetence.
Bullswood, wrp96 and nancypants like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Try messaging BA Refund Helper on here. He / She usually replies v. quickly (often within minutes, even at the w/e) and can work miracles with this sort of issue.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...nd-helper.html
Good idea & have done as suggested.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You sent it a clear instruction (I presume) and BA have registered it even if the YF lady couldn't find it. It's dated before your return to the USA. So if BA no-show it, then ultimately it's BA's problem not yours, other than you will presumably benefit from 40 TPs and a few Avios when the refund is calculated. I can see that needing the back office to do the calculation. It was clearly beyond the skills of the person you were dealing with, and I suspect the ticket was in a mess by now, hence someone else will need to look at it. But having made the declsion you are ok, BA's own conditions of carriage allow a refund after 5 hours of delay so it's not even controversial.
Thanks c-w-s. Yes, everything clear, emailed & screen shot. Your logic is as ever irrefutable but we seem to live in interesting rather than logical times...

Hopefully Tafflyer is pessimistic about the refund calculation - it's hardly voluntary as no longer time for side trips to book-end my primary UK family visit (not to mention the zero confidence of not getting stuck somewhere else & missing my SFO/SYD). Would expect min 50 pc as never got to destination. But perhaps that's too logical?

Last edited by Bullswood; Jul 2, 2022 at 11:32 am
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:47 am
Original Poster

BA BHX just called (tks Refund Helper if that was through yr kind offices) and have advised that MMB showing canx'd flight as flown is an IT glitch (!) and that they will cancel all remaining sectors on an invol basis, so hopefully a reasonable refund. Now for back to SYD via SIN...I hope.
Tks all!
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:56 am
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Bullswood
BA BHX just called (tks Refund Helper if that was through yr kind offices) and have advised that MMB showing canx'd flight as flown is an IT glitch (!) and that they will cancel all remaining sectors on an invol basis, so hopefully a reasonable refund. Now for back to SYD via SIN...I hope.
Tks all!
It seems one of the You First team in Manchester called you earlier but didn't reach you, and then following your message i asked one of the team to give you a ring to advise on next steps on this. We should get the refund quote in the next 24hrs or so for you. Again, apologies for the difficult time you have had this week.

(following the telephony upgrade last year, all calls from NCL/MAN now show as an 0121... BHX number, just to reassure those who think the contact centres are expanding south!)
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA refund helper
It seems one of the You First team in Manchester called you earlier but didn't reach you, and then following your message i asked one of the team to give you a ring to advise on next steps on this. We should get the refund quote in the next 24hrs or so for you. Again, apologies for the difficult time you have had this week.

(following the telephony upgrade last year, all calls from NCL/MAN now show as an 0121... BHX number, just to reassure those who think the contact centres are expanding south!)
Brilliant, many thanks. No missed calls earlier but did get an email to call BA CS just before your colleague phoned. Tks again.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by docdee
I had to go to MCOL to claim the cost of Swiss flights after a last minute cancellation of our return from GVA to LHR in Feb half term, they have now agreed to refund the flight cost just before a court date was set. Haven't had the money yet nor acknowledgement that they will now refund the remaining 3 tickets. We may end up doing another 3 individual MCOL claims. The issues aren't just the disruption to flights this year but the very poor way disruptions are handled and wanton disregard for the EU/UK261 rules.
absolutely right, its the wanton disregard for the regulations that is most irritating. Id go further and say it is corporate policy to deliberately mislead and dissemble. My February disruption was a similar experience and I found a simple threat of MCOL was sufficient.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by binman
absolutely right, its the wanton disregard for the regulations that is most irritating. Id go further and say it is corporate policy to deliberately mislead and dissemble. My February disruption was a similar experience and I found a simple threat of MCOL was sufficient.
agreed. the first and only disruption i had the other month got back an "its not our fault" so when i responded for clarity since i needed to take this to CEDR or MCOL did get a response that my entitlement compensation was on its way.

either BA has woefully undertrained staff w respect to EU261 or it is a management directive to mislead and misdirect consumers.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Anyone know why the cabanas at ccr are out of action?

on you first it says:

Due to unprecedented circumstances, we have had to close our cabanas at London Heathrow and JFK Terminal 7 until further notice.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hazgreen1
Anyone know why the cabanas at ccr are out of action?

on you first it says:

Due to unprecedented circumstances, we have had to close our cabanas at London Heathrow and JFK Terminal 7 until further notice.
Same wording as my crazy Elemis Spa email. It seems as though "unprecedented circumstances" is BA-speak to avoid admitting what's reality happening (in this case, selling a full programme with insufficient staff), perhaps a bit like a "special military operation".

By the way, for the record, and thanks no doubt to BA Refund Helper, I was promised a refund around 55% of the total fare for the unused sectors LHR/ZRH/LHR/SFO (from the original SFO/ZRH r/t) due to be flown today.
I note that BA has of course immediately re-sold the seats, doubtless for far more at this late stage than I paid in August 21. No extra gesture for the trauma of shattered family holiday or the time yet to be spent on recovering my consequential losses (hopefully) through travel insurance, so I'm not actually sure why I sounded so grateful with YF on the phone earlier today - I guess there comes a point where any sort of service is a bonus!

Last edited by Bullswood; Jul 4, 2022 at 1:19 pm
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
OP why didn't BA attempt to accommodate you on other airlines to get to your final destination? Did you ask?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
OP why didn't BA attempt to accommodate you on other airlines to get to your final destination? Did you ask?
Did I ask? Yes, though with family in tears "begged" would be a better word! Read the original post - the only assistance from CCR was directions on how to get our bags and to DIY on MMB.
enviroian likes this.

Last edited by Bullswood; Jul 4, 2022 at 1:20 pm
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Did I ask? Yes, in fact begged would be a better word! Read the original post - the only assistance from CCR was directions on how to get our bags and to DIY on MMB. That seemed par for the course with the angry and tearful masses on 30th at the belt 11 baggage mountain.
Unbelievable. Shame on BA for not putting you on any other carrier, One World or otherwise to get to your destination.
Bullswood and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
By the way, for the record, and thanks no doubt to BA Refund Helper, I was promised a refund around 55% of the total fare for the unused sectors LHR/ZRH/LHR/SFO (from the original SFO/ZRH r/t) due to be flown today.
You should really be pushing for a trip in vain which includes returning you to SFO in 1st. What you explained in your OP is the definition of trip in vain imo
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I do think it depends on the staff on duty and I suspect that by now staff are so fed up that this affects their motivation or even ability to cope. When my LHR-PHL sector of LHR-PHL-JAX was delayed by 6 hours in March it was no problem for CCR staff to book us an alternative connection PHL-ATL-JAX on DL. The overnight in PHL, however, at a cheap motel 45 minutes from the airport was not suitable for passengers of any class of travel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.