Wiki Posts
Search

GCH additional redemption availabilty

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
GCH additional redemption availabilty

I read some time ago about the "additional reward seats in economy cabins", but can't find it anymore. I think I remember reading it picks the extra seats from V class, is that right? And f so, all of them or just a subset? (maybe the 8 standard + 4 extra or smth)
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
if V class is available then you get the additional availability. I haven't seen any limitation for this. What I've seen is that BA removes availability for V class all together nd just shows L9 V0
erikh94 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
There is a dearth of redemption seats at the moment and I suspect the extra ones made available for Golds were the first to go.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by golfmad
There is a dearth of redemption seats at the moment and I suspect the extra ones made available for Golds were the first to go.
Interesting, so would a GCH redemption exhaust the V class rather than the standard redemptions if both are available?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
As a Gold, I’d use the Gold Priority Reward and book outside of 30 days. Then if regular space opens up, book that and cancel the Priority without cancellation fee
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by erikh94
Interesting, so would a GCH redemption exhaust the V class rather than the standard redemptions if both are available?
I believe if both is available for a flight the standard redemption goes first and if still v class is available then those. But no one knows the exact details and I bet there are other rules can play.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:01 pm

Also just because V0 it doesn’t mean no Avios is available. So many times especially short haul you get something like Y5B0H0… and then 2 Avios redemption seat available. Or 5 or 1. BA can release and take away redemption availability at any time. Also I’ve seen cases where there were let’s say 4 redemption seat available I booked 1 and then all remaining 3 gone too. So it’s more of an art form for us as the exact rules and decision factors are not published.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.