Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

EDI 1455 Delayed, will miss CPH Connection Tonight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EDI 1455 Delayed, will miss CPH Connection Tonight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:49 pm

I have nothing useful to add, but as a fellow cycling fan I'm rooting for you to make it to the Grand Depart!
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by stephenjc
Why?

Does it not go to the at this time of night?

I'm thinking Taxi, receipt, BA pays
It's a rip off and you get an unwanted tour of several other hotels in the area.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
We need closure on this story
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
I think OP was on 1455, which was the plane that turned into the 822? Has happened to me before doing gla-lhr-cdg, you have to get off the plane and go through connections, which meant I missed the lhr-cdg leg, even though I was sitting in ‘my’ seat before any passengers boarded!

I hope OP was able to fare better and got onto the 822 which left at 22.13 I believe.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
Yes, though it cheaper than the hoppa and really easy to get to the hotel.
I stick to the tFL buses. After a few experiences of waiting for and even missing the last Hotel Hoppa buses for the night/dark hours, I gave up on caring about using the Hotel Hoppa and have given that business to the public TfL buses. Not a fan of having to pay bus fare nowadays for the Bath Rd LHR hotels, but it’s still cheaper than the Hotel Hoppa bus.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Sorry for the delay in getting back!

We were offloaded even though the CPH flight was delayed, moved onto the SAS flight at 6:45 this morning.

Given a hotel voucher and some other random blank bits of paper and basically told to go away.

Due to flyertalk, we got the 423 bus to the Premier Inn anyway, stayed the night had about 4 hours sleep until we grabbed a taxi to T2 this morning.

Took over an hour to get through "fast track" security, but now in the Lufthansa lounge waiting to depart.

So, the rebooking was good, everything about this handled so poorly, the communication was shocking.

But, we should make it to CPH in time to see the Tour, not quite as refreshed as we planned, but ..

Thanks again everyone for the help and advice, it greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

I really don't want to add to the compensation culture, but apart from Duty of care costs that BA should cover, are we due UK/EC 261 for being delayed?

Should have been in CPH at 11:15pm on 30th June, won't arrive until 9am (ish) July 1st.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
I really don't want to add to the compensation culture, but apart from Duty of care costs that BA should cover, are we due UK/EC 261 for being delayed?

Should have been in CPH at 11:15pm on 30th June, won't arrive until 9am (ish) July 1st.
I assume the CPH flight was on the same PNR as the EDI-LHR flight? If so I think you are entitled to compensation for being denied boarding for last night's CPH flight which results in you arriving over 3 hours later than scheduled. Definitely claim. BA can only try to deny you.

So glad you will get to CPH in time I was tired just reading the live progress report! Enjoy the rest of the tour...

Edit: You may be entitled to claim for the delay in arriving in LHR from EDI, never understood what was the cause of the delayed departure to start with
wrp96 and stephenjc like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Yes, I would say this is a rock solid case for EC261. BA may say that ATC made the schedules today impossible (and in truth they have a point about this) but this was straightforward computer says no. In every other airport I can think of you would have made the connection to CPH since CPH had not started boarding until sometime after you were less than 100 metres away. It was BA's computers that denied you travel, without a shadow of doubt and you can print off this thread to show that. There are CJEU rulings that back your position. Having said that, the shortage of staff is the underlying problem here, so I think there is a good chance BA will just pay off this claim. One way or the other you will get payment. It's at the lowest rate, 250€, due to the calculation being EDI-CPH, which is a mere 624 miles.
stephenjc and AJA_ like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks again!

Yes, same ticket/PNR EDI-LHR-CPH.

Will claim on our return.

Now standing about 600m from the finish line right against the barrier, so super happy!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Now standing about 600m from the finish line right against the barrier, so super happy!
Actually this is all that matters.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Glad it worked out! In addition to the EC261 you should also bill BA for the hotel, stating that you didn't use your voucher; at only Ł98 for two pax they will consider themselves as getting off very lightly indeed.
KeaneJohn, stephenjc, AJA_ and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Just received confirmation from BA that we are due €500 in compensation, plus they are covering our expenses.

It's the expenses part that surprised me as they are covering our hotel in London, the taxi to T2 in the morning, plus the pre-paid hotel (via BA Hotels) in CPH that we couldn't attend as we were stuck in London for the night.

Not complaining at all!
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Just received confirmation from BA that we are due €500 in compensation, plus they are covering our expenses.

It's the expenses part that surprised me as they are covering our hotel in London, the taxi to T2 in the morning, plus the pre-paid hotel (via BA Hotels) in CPH that we couldn't attend as we were stuck in London for the night.

Not complaining at all!
This thread is FlyerTalk at its best!
onlynik and stephenjc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.