Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

EDI 1455 Delayed, will miss CPH Connection Tonight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EDI 1455 Delayed, will miss CPH Connection Tonight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
I spoke too soon, we're now going sit in the EDI tarmac for 40 minutes .
I wish I'd just gone home and abonded the entire trip!

SJC
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
interestingly the flight status of the BA 1455 hon FR24 has just changed from estimated departure 18:56 to unknown and is final call on the airport boards,,, update gate closed around 19:20
the earlier flight due to depart EDI at 14:15 is just sitting at the end of the taxiway by the entry to the runway with other aircraft passing it and taking off
There must be slot delays at the 1415 is showing departure of 1840 and arrival at 2058
The 1455 is showing. Departure of 1856 and arrival at 2125 which sadly doesn’t help a CPH of departure of 2100.

It’s like a game of Treasure Hunt with Wincy Willis, Kenneth Kendall and Anneka Rice.
Jimmie76 and stephenjc like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
There's been a bunch of lively showers some of which have been animated with lights and sound effects passing across west London this afternoon that has probably contributed to the rather dismal situation
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
the delay on the cph could push out further
stephenjc likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
So, we get into T5, if the CPH flight hasn't left, do we just leg it?

If it's gone, where's the best place to sort the rebooking of the Friday flight?

I can't believe I flew so much and had so few issues before this .... show!
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by stephenjc

If it's gone, where's the best place to sort the rebooking of the Friday flight?

you can try and leg it

conformance MAY be a problem and they may need to tweek things

In theory the transfer desks in T5 transit hall would be the best place to rebook , but that COUlD be chaos and you may find on the app you are rebooked by the time you get to LHR
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by stephenjc

Depending on your arrival time maybe ask someone meeting the aircraft as you will most probably fail conformance unless it’s turned off. BA could have saved themselves Łhundreds in a claim if someone could have tweaked conformance and saved the poster in this thread the hassle of heading to the Savoy an hour before his delayed flight eventually took off.

Good luck. Your LHR arrival is now 2052.

Chaos - a Greek word in origin but one which is very British Airways
stephenjc likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
So the EDI - :LHR service is now over Stoke on Trent and is looking to land at 21:10, so doors open at 21:20 with any luck. The CPH flight is from gate A11, so possibly not far from the EDI arrival gate. It's still showing at 21:00 however they haven't started boarding yet. which they would need to be doing for a 21:00 departure.

EDIT: CPH departure is now showing as 22:00 hrs......
Jimmie76, wrp96, KeaneJohn and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
So the EDI - :LHR service is now over Stoke on Trent and is looking to land at 21:10, so doors open at 21:20 with any luck. The CPH flight is from gate A11, so possibly not far from the EDI arrival gate. It's still showing at 21:00 however they haven't started boarding yet. which they would need to be doing for a 21:00 departure.
I don’t think it looks promising. I suspect they have been offloaded already so only some intervention will get them back on.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This is what I love about Flyertalk when things go wrong everybody has a vested interest to help and get a solution. I have to say thisnis more interesting thst the will my EDI flight take off from LCY before curfew thread.
britbronco22 and stephenjc like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:59 pm

Looks like the cph flight 822 is now delayed till 22:00 and every chance if not already rebooked you will make it

My money is on the cockpit crew from the edi flight also operating the cph flight

big question is, if offloaded already, could you get put back on it
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:06 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The EDI flight has been given the Wembley shortcut.
EDIT: arrived at gate A3 approx 21:17.

OP: gate A11 is now staffed, but they won't be boarding to 21:30, so ask UK Flight Connections to call the gate and Control if conformance is blocked. A11 is just the other side of Wetherspoon Crown Rivers.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jun 30, 2022 at 2:24 pm
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:40 pm

Everything crossed hoping for a positive update from you. Have you made it to a11??
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:41 pm

Very bemused to be sitting in Maine, watching the progress of this flight that my husband is also on…Pretty sure he’s missed his connection to Boston….not amused that you’all are delayed, good luck with your sprint!
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:48 pm

CPH started boarding at 21:46. Departure time now showing as 22:15

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.