Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Chaos - a Greek word in origin but one which is very British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chaos - a Greek word in origin but one which is very British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Angel! How wonderful to see you are still around - I have not read anything from you in ages.

I think that the best thing that I can do is go and prepare a TFTG as, although I have flown BA in the past couple of weeks - I have nothing to contribute about shambolic service as I have not received any, Clearly I am fortunate in that respect - other clearly are not.
Am still around cutie, but haven't flown BA in ages. I try to avoid LHR as much as I can. My bad, I should peek at the forum to check how my friends are doing.

Thank you for making me feel special, but you have the magical ability to do that to everyone.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
And OP, I hope you reached your destination and your luggage followed you.

My sister was separated from hers for 10 days and by magical luck it was HER who found her luggage at CDG upon her return tp fly back to Boston. No she didn't fly BA, she flew LH from CDG. They claim that the tag had fallen and didn't know who it belonged to. If this is why , then what are those small stickers that they put around the luggage with a code, for?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
There’s used to be an “escape” lane after the passport check, but not seen it open since pre pandemic. Perhaps it was being used as a short cut when the main queues were busy. I used it once when I saw the security queue backing up down the escalator so used it to go up via main departures.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Originally Posted by cheshirepete
There’s used to be an “escape” lane after the passport check, but not seen it open since pre pandemic. Perhaps it was being used as a short cut when the main queues were busy. I used it once when I saw the security queue backing up down the escalator so used it to go up via main departures.
Yes, there is an 'escape' door to the left but it requires a BA person to open it and on Wednesday evening there was initially no BA person around to open said door. Had a message to say my bag is on the BA1488 this evening to Glasgow. Fingers crossed that I get it tomorrow as flying off again on Sunday ..........
Feel so sorry for all those caught up in the raft of cancellations from GLA today.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
Wow- what a total car crash. Good luck to the OP and do update the forum on the baggage situation. I have managed to schedule all manner of trips in July including a 10 day trip to the USA, and I am dreading them all, despite being a seasoned and regular traveller- sad. Those that have particular travel anxieties are going to have a really miserable time I fear. I am seriously considering going HBO for my USA trip and simply washing stuff out there.....
Bag arrived this afternoon just in time for me to launder some of my work shirts in advance of tomorrow's flight to Basel.
FlightDetective likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.