Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Heathrow to Orlando Flights Being Cancelled from December 2022

Old Jun 29, 22, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion - HHonors Diamond - ICH Platinum Roy. Amb. - SPG Gold - Flying Blue Blue - M&M FT

Credit Headforpoints.

Apparently extra LGW services being added with the LHR returning April 2023.

Have 6 of us booked on Y awards.
02/02/23 EDI-LHR-MCO
14/02/23 MCO-LHR-EDI

Extra LGW does not really help as there are no EDI-LGW flights and GLA for us is a real pain.

Wonder if I may have a possibility to switch our trip to 14 nights, will see when the changes come through.
Old Jun 30, 22, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion - HHonors Diamond - ICH Platinum Roy. Amb. - SPG Gold - Flying Blue Blue - M&M FT
Now official, just had the email and moved to LGW-MCO with a 75 minute connection from LHR to get to LGW.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 22, 7:04 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by pmcg View Post
Now official, just had the email and moved to LGW-MCO with a 75 minute connection from LHR to get to LGW.
BA will have to rebook you, MCT for LHR<>LGW is 3 hrs (and Id want nearer 4h with checked bags). It always takes a while for BAs systems to catch up when cancellations or schedule changes bring a connection below MCT. It will happen eventually, though you can of course contact BA to be proactive if you have specific requirements.

Will be interesting to see if BA reinstates EDI-LGW at any point. MCO is not a massive connecting traffic route, but there must be a reasonable amount of domestic connection demand.
becks1, pmcg and BESTEDIFLYER like this.
Old Jun 30, 22, 7:23 am
Original Poster

The fun begins, on hold for half an hour, got an agent who must have asked me 3 times why I was calling, then after 45 minutes terminated the call.

Now they are just saying they cannot take calls at the moment.
Old Jun 30, 22, 7:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The fun begins, on hold for half an hour, got an agent who must have asked me 3 times why I was calling, then after 45 minutes terminated the call.

Now they are just saying they cannot take calls at the moment.
Unless you are flying in the next few days, it really would b best to leave it until next week if you can. The contact centre will be very busy for the next few days at least for obvious reasons. If it's just MCT then it will probably fix itself in a few days, and once MCT is sorted you may be able to change to other flights.
pmcg and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 30, 22, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Unless you are flying in the next few days, it really would b best to leave it until next week if you can. The contact centre will be very busy for the next few days at least for obvious reasons. If it's just MCT then it will probably fix itself in a few days, and once MCT is sorted you may be able to change to other flights.
Good idea, no point me stressing out especially today as I'm taking the wife for birthday dinner.

One good thing is I can switch to better dates online so hopefully will be able to get this sorted out of GLA when the current crisis is over.
Old Jun 30, 22, 7:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Just had our flight (business trip) to MCO changed, outbound in November still going from Heathrow, return in December has been changed to Gatwick. Doesn't make much odds to me living between the two airports but would be a real pain for anyone else. MCO was traditionally a 100% LGW location so returning to normal really
Old Jun 30, 22, 10:50 am

Programs: BA, VS, LH, QR
My January LCA-LHR-MCO affected by the swap to LGW as well - only 30 mins connecting time now.

MMB just says Were sorry. We rebooked you onto a flight you cannot board given the connection time. You can rebook your journey or cancel this booking

No options given yet but as C-W-S advises above, Ill leave it a while to see what happens before I try calling.

Im hoping to still be able to complete the journey in 1 day going through LHR (T5 hopefully unless theres adequate connection time to get to T3) by routing via somewhere else in the US.
Old Jun 30, 22, 11:14 am

Good idea, no point me stressing out especially today as I'm taking the wife for birthday dinner.

One good thing is I can switch to better dates online so hopefully will be able to get this sorted out of GLA when the current crisis is over.
There is no rush here? Personally Id leave this until a couple of weeks before departure: if the price drops between then and now, you could just get a refund and rebook at the lower price. Or if you change your mind, change your dates, whatever, you can now get that done for free (one time only).
Old Jun 30, 22, 1:50 pm

was always going to get dropped from LHR if you ask me. Lets see if it resurfaces for S23
Old Jun 30, 22, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cauchy View Post
There is no rush here? Personally Id leave this until a couple of weeks before departure: if the price drops between then and now, you could just get a refund and rebook at the lower price. Or if you change your mind, change your dates, whatever, you can now get that done for free (one time only).
In theory that could be good but when you have a Disney resort booked for 6 persons and 2 rooms at quite a few pounds it all gets a little bit nervy.
Old Jul 4, 22, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Got mine changed to GLA-LGW-MCO.
Original dates were 02/02/23 ~ 14/02/23, changed to 04/02/23 - 18/02/23 which is SAT-SAT so works better for us.

Two extra days so an extra $1k for the Disney hotels but worth it.

Took 1hr 54min on the phone, when I got an agent he was faultless, seen the problem, fixed and re-ticketed within 10 minutes.

Search this Thread