Wiki Posts
Search

Quickest BA compensation ever!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Quickest BA compensation ever!

Something happened with BA, at least for this occasion and I do hope it will stay like this.
short story:BA cancelled my flight on the 24th Jun. I’ve got rebooked on a flight which scheduled to arrive 4 hours after my original one. I flew this on the 27 June.
I filled out a claim (only EU claim as I had no expenses) on the 28 Jun around 7pm. I’ve got an answer this morning around 10am that they are sorry for the cancellation and EUR 250 will be paid shortly.
No argument, no delay with the answer. I think this is how it should be for simple cases as mine.
Well done BA!
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Lucky you! There seems to be little rhyme or reason to these but you’ve definitely got the bread landing buttered side up this time!

Mine took a whole myriad of different half-truths, untruths and wild assertions before they paid up. It was kind of entertaining but only in a masochistic kind of way.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Except it should be Ł220, which is slightly more.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
I have completed an EU compensation form before when still at the departure airport and hit send. When in the car on the way home I have had a call to day yes all agreed and monies will be in my account within 7 days. (Normally 2)
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:25 pm

What's the consensus on how long one should wait before following up - and is there an effective way even to do that?

Coming up on 2 weeks now since I submitted my claims.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bisonrav
if from the uk yes, if from the eu €250 is correct, but considering they are making that « mistake » with me, there is a good chance you are right.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bisonrav
I know, some reason BA still lives in the EUR era. I’m not going to fight over the Ł4.66 though.

it was a domestic MAN flight.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aristoph
What's the consensus on how long one should wait before following up - and is there an effective way even to do that?

My personal maximum wait time was 2 months. They only responded and paid for when the MCOL process sent out the package to respond.
I would wait one month and I don’t think there is any meaningful way to follow up. Even their email acknowledgment saying do not follow up. .

after one month I would send the letter to notify with the standard 2 weeks wait time. After that either wait 2 more weeks and try with CEDR or no wait and MCOL.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Krisz
Something happened with BA, at least for this occasion and I do hope it will stay like this.
short story:BA cancelled my flight on the 24th Jun. I’ve got rebooked on a flight which scheduled to arrive 4 hours after my original one. I flew this on the 27 June.
I filled out a claim (only EU claim as I had no expenses) on the 28 Jun around 7pm. I’ve got an answer this morning around 10am that they are sorry for the cancellation and EUR 250 will be paid shortly.
No argument, no delay with the answer. I think this is how it should be for simple cases as mine.
Well done BA!
Meanwhile, back in the real world...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ion-ec261.html
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by aristoph

I put in a claim on 5 April and received confirmation yesterday that they'd be paying up after chasing yet again. They did send lots of "sorry it's taking so long" holding emails.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
We tend to forget that people come here when the process doesn't work, so we hear more moans than thanks.

In customer service someone told me a happy customer will tell 1 friend, a disgruntled one will tell the world.
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by alex67500
We tend to forget that people come here when the process doesn't work, so we hear more moans than thanks.

In customer service someone told me a happy customer will tell 1 friend, a disgruntled one will tell the world.
This is very true. No-one notices when things happen as they should but they sure spot the problems when it all goes pear-shaped.

I suppose it's a case of "no news is good news". If people aren't complaining then you're doing something right
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by alex67500

Amazingly a flt at end of May resulted in my first claim at BA. Wasn’t expecting much since the alleged reason was repair part got caught in SA customs. (Guessing that had to do with Comair unpaid bills). So was very pleased to get a response 12 hrs later with a claim approval.

Any dp on how long before funds appear?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:06 am

I waited 3 months, got told my claim was approved 2 weeks ago and still waiting for payment. So YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.