BA328/BA329 28 June 2022 cancellation CDG

Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
If you check my post yiu can see that someone who works for Heathrow/BA said it was cancelled due to stsff shortages. Not sure who he works for but he’s also tweeting messages begging baggAge handlers to stay late along with the financial incentives. Follow him on twitter to see the lay of the land of his tweets.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by CloudGazer
I too saw that BA328 and BA329 were cancelled due to "INDN". BA dealt with the claim for my hotel really quickly but have given me three responses about the delay that were:
  1. The cancellation was due to Heathrow Airport security staff shortages
  2. The cancellation was due to Heathrow Airport security staff shortages and Heathrow ATC staff shortages
  3. The cancellation was due to Heathrow Airport security staff shortages and Heathrow ATC staff shortages and you'll need to go to CEDR

At each step I asked them to provide some kind of evidence to support their claim of HAL/NATS staff shortages being the issue and they ignored this request. So I'll go to CEDR next.

If it's of any use. The plane operating the CDG flights was flight BA985 from Berlin which ran on time on 29th with only a small delay.

Code:
Flight Status Search:
Departing on 29/06/22
Flying BA flight 985

Flight Status Depart Location Depart Date Reliability Arrive Location Arrive Date
BER Scheduled: 29/06/22 4:45 PM LHR Scheduled: 29/06/22 5:40 PM
BA 985 Landed Term: T1 Estimated: 29/06/22 5:25 PM NA / NA Term: 5 Estimated: 29/06/22 6:09 PM
Gate: C01 Actual: 29/06/22 5:25 PM Gate: Actual:
Baggage: 6

Comments:
"DOBA985/29JUN
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * BA 985 0 WE 29JUN22
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

BER ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 1710
LEFT THE GATE 1725
TOOK OFF 1737
DELAY ZY
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 1808 LHR
LHR AIRCRAFT LANDED 1804
ARRIVED 1811
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* BA 985 0 WE 29JUN22
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
BER 1645 WE JCDRI/M YB/G 319 1:55
HKMLVNOQSG/G
LHR 1740 WE 1:55
COMMENTS-
1.BER LHR - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD
2.BER LHR - DEPARTS TERMINAL 1
3.BER LHR - ARRIVES TERMINAL 5
4.BER LHR - 9/ NON-SMOKING
5.BER LHR - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
6.BER LHR - CO2/PAX* 107.41 KG ECO, 107.41 KG PRE
(*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
CONFIGURATION-
319 C 24 M 107
This is very helpful! I wonder if my Eurostar ticket & Uber back to Heathrow claim is delaying the reply.
Fully expecting to get the same as you for the EU261 part. If/when I do, I'll be contesting it and will let you know.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CloudGazer
At each step I asked them to provide some kind of evidence to support their claim of HAL/NATS staff shortages being the issue and they ignored this request. So I'll go to CEDR next.

You may want to consider MCOL on this one, making good use of Article 13. I'm not convinced CEDR will be good on this one, it may be we will get some CEDR read-outs in this forum, but they tend to be on the rare side.
CloudGazer likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by GuyWMD
Thank you!

This is very helpful! I wonder if my Eurostar ticket & Uber back to Heathrow claim is delaying the reply.
Fully expecting to get the same as you for the EU261 part. If/when I do, I'll be contesting it and will let you know.
Finally had a reply. 'Thanks for contacting us about your claim for EU compensation. We’re very sorry it was necessary to cancel your flight from Paris on 29 June. We know this isn’t what you expect when you travel with us, so we understand why you needed to let us know about it. We’d also like to thank you for your patience while we got back to you.

Your claim's been refused because BA0329 on 29 June was cancelled because of industrial action.

We take all reasonable measures to avoid disruption to a flight and we always consider if there are any other alternative solutions before we make a decision. The cancellation was out of our control and caused unforeseen disruption to our schedule.'

Given Air France managed to run ALL of their CDG-LHR routes with minimal delays, worth contesting? Do we know exactly what industrial action this being blamed on?
As asides from going into different terminals once back at LHR I can't see why AF managed with no issues, but BA did not.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Given Air France managed to run ALL of their CDG-LHR routes with minimal delays, worth contesting? Do we know exactly what industrial action this being blamed on?
As asides from going into different terminals once back at LHR I can't see why AF managed with no issues, but BA did not.
Just ask BA to confirm that their answer will not change so that you can go to CEDR. I wouldn't prolong the matter since CR are not resourced to give more information. At CEDR they have no choice but to provide that information.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Just ask BA to confirm that their answer will not change so that you can go to CEDR. I wouldn't prolong the matter since CR are not resourced to give more information. At CEDR they have no choice but to provide that information.
Do I win the award for the longest wait for a reply?! By my count circa 3.5 months.

After going back to BA to confirm their sticking with the original answer and to point out again, AF had no issues running their CDG-LHR schedules... I asked for clarification on who the industrial action referred to.

At no point had I mentioned legal proceedings!

The reply:
Thank you for coming back to us.

I'd like to inform you that we're unable to provide you a copy of the official report related to the industrial action. These reports contain sensitive business information and so we don't make these available to passengers. The reports would be used in our defence as an evidence during any legal proceedings brought against British Airways.

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for and I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Thank you again for getting in touch with us.

Best regards
Old Apr 5, 2023, 1:31 pm

Do I win the award for the longest wait for a reply?! By my count circa 3.5 months.

After going back to BA to confirm their sticking with the original answer and to point out again, AF had no issues running their CDG-LHR schedules... I asked for clarification on who the industrial action referred to.

At no point had I mentioned legal proceedings!

The reply:
Took this to CEDR, judgement ruled in my favour. BA ordered to pay EC261.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.