Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver booking on AA - seat selection q

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Silver booking on AA - seat selection q

A quick Q - got a couple of domestic legs in Y on AA coming up as part of an overall BA booking. As a Silver/Sapphire, do we get any option for free seats in their 'Preferred' seating (not MCE) or is it only free for the standard seats?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by PAL62V
A quick Q - got a couple of domestic legs in Y on AA coming up as part of an overall BA booking. As a Silver/Sapphire, do we get any option for free seats in their 'Preferred' seating (not MCE) or is it only free for the standard seats?
Wouldn't you rather sit in an MCE seat? BA Silvers can book both "Preferred" and MCE seats free of charge at time of booking, or any time thereafter. See:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...abin-extra.jsp

(Scroll down to "AAdvantage status member access" to see the policy for BAEC elites.)
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wouldn't you rather sit in an MCE seat? BA Silvers can book both "Preferred" and MCE seats free of charge at time of booking, or any time thereafter. See:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...abin-extra.jsp

(Scroll down to "AAdvantage status member access" to see the policy for BAEC elites.)

Sorry - I didn't explain myself - I assume then we still must pay for the MCE seats, they aren't free to have for Silver/Sapphire? Just working out if it's worth it for a couple of hours.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by PAL62V
Sorry - I didn't explain myself - I assume then we still must pay for the MCE seats, they aren't free to have for Silver/Sapphire? Just working out if it's worth it for a couple of hours.
MCE seats are free of charge for BA Silver.
PAL62V likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
MCE seats are free of charge for BA Silver.
Oh - OK, that's good news!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.