Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BHD/LON 29 June

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by southsquare
I wouldn't touch QR ex DUB with a bargepole because (i) older QR aircraft ex DUB, generally not equipped with Q-suite (which is central to the QR experience); (ii) max out on TPs by flying BHD/LHR/DOH/final destination instead of DUB/DOH/final destination (difference of 80 TPs for every round trip); (iii) no QR lounge at DUB, as against the spectacular QR lounge which has reopened at T4; (iv) I'm in North Down, within spitting distance of BHD, so 110 miles by coach or taxi to DUB makes no sense. Having started at BHD, I'm usually tucked up in my Q-suite ex LHR en route to DOH in jammies with pink fizz before one would even have got through security at DUB.
I too live in North Down and agree with everything you say....the only reason I chose DUB was price because this trip is out of my own pocket.....when work paid earlier in the year, I did indeed go via LHR from BHD, but that was only in Y! Yes and on this trip there is only one sector left with a QSuite...DOH-MEL.😥 First World problems eh. I do fear that we have hijacked this thread somewhat from OP who just wanted to get to London today.
jokerjokerj likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
I'm OP and I'm not en route to London today! Bailed out rather than paying Ł400 for the last remaining one-hour flight ex BHD or braving DUB.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:43 am

There isn't any Dublin queuing chaos at the moment
longest security queue at the moment seems to be 45 mins if not in fast track
its mostly less than 20 minutes
On Sunday the Dub DOH flight was boarding when I was passing and the security queue to airside about 15 minutes
Fast track was instant,straight through
If travelling J, on Qatar you get the East lounge,which is DUB's best lounge
I know it's a hijack of the op's thread and sorry they didn't get a flight today but let us know your QR experience ex Dub
blurt91 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by southsquare
I'm OP and I'm not en route to London today! Bailed out rather than paying Ł400 for the last remaining one-hour flight ex BHD or braving DUB.
I am as sharp as a bowling ball this morning not picking up you were OP!🤪
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by blurt91
I am as sharp as a bowling ball this morning not picking up you were OP!🤪

Thats definitely available for your Qatar flight flying J
Not a patch obviously on DOH lounges but it does have buffet and ala carte dining with table service and it also has showers
Its just beyond the EI lounge in T2 almost beside T1 security in the passage upstairs before you enter T1
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:13 am

Thanks for that Earthman .I will see how it goes in September..it will be my first J trip with QR. Actually on a P fare with no lounge access, but I think that I should get access with silver status. I know that I can only access silver lounge in DOH
Earthman likes this.

Last edited by blurt91; Jun 29, 2022 at 10:18 am
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:28 am

Just to add my BA 837 DUB LHR has just been cancelled
I managed to rebook onto a BA earlier in the day,grabbing what looks like the last 2 club europe seats looks like
we've a back up later in the day on FR for €12.99 each to LGW ,just in case 🤣🤣

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.