Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA is moving most flights from LHR Terminal 3 to T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA is moving most flights from LHR Terminal 3 to T5

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Are the AA moves only for the remainder of summer or for winter also? Have a DUB-LHR-JFK for Nov with a 75min connection which I was just about ok with on a T5-T5 but T5-T3 is pushing it
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
No just the depressing T3 First lounge this time (slumming it in J).
I'm sorry, I'm missing something. If you are BAEC Gold, traveling in J, why are you restricted to the BA T3 First Lounge?

Regards
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
You do have access by dint of your Gold status to Cathay Pacific's first lounge and business lounge, and the Qantas lounge in T3.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Are the AA moves only for the remainder of summer or for winter also? Have a DUB-LHR-JFK for Nov with a 75min connection which I was just about ok with on a T5-T5 but T5-T3 is pushing it
I don't think we know for sure.

My own guess (fwiw) is this will continue for at least the end of the summer season, but perhaps will go back to the current situation come end of October.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:08 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by travelsbyplane
Iberia flights between LHR and MAD on 15 July (for example) are now showing as T3.
Indeed they are and I have to say that I was extremely sceptical about this - but that is exactly what their reservation system is showing. 13th July seems to be the day that they change - so BA's large exit is followed by Iberia's entry
jonkx likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
You would have access to both Qantas & Cathay lounges - the Cathay one in particular is really quite great - especially now champagne has been restored at the bar on the J side
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:55 am

Can’t get feel of this is a knee jerk semi temporary arrangement as we had all the trumpetting about ‘our new home’ AA at T5 and their prime routes out of T5 all suddenly to go.
Will this be worse for CCR (with the BA first routes from T3) given complaints about all the AA F pax?!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Are people seeing this update on their bookings already? I have a flight to PHX in October and it's still showing as T3, so if it's changed already then suggests it's only for the remainder of S22 for now
Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
You do have access by dint of your Gold status to Cathay Pacific's first lounge and business lounge, and the Qantas lounge in T3.
Thanks to all who pointed out that the QF and CX lounges were available, being a very infrequent visitor to T3, I had assumed they were still closed. I seem to recall the last time I was in T3, pre-pandemic, both lounges were closed for some reason, so have never had the delight of frequenting them. Will definitely give them a try, so is it QF or CX to try first?
offtothehills likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Thanks to all who pointed out that the QF and CX lounges were available, being a very infrequent visitor to T3, I had assumed they were still closed. I seem to recall the last time I was in T3, pre-pandemic, both lounges were closed for some reason, so have never had the delight of frequenting them. Will definitely give them a try, so is it QF or CX to try first?
CX is the better of the two, so maybe QF first, have a look see, sample a gin from the gin bar, maybe a snack, then decamp for the CX F lounge, have a meal in the dining room, chill out in the nice surroundings. I love that CX lounge to bits! (It's the same design as their much larger one in HKG!). Even check out the CX J lounge, you'll be able to walk back and forth once you're in the F lounge anyway - Dan Dan Noodles are a must.
Hotcat1970 and jonkx like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

aargh... flying to MRS on the 12th.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by KARFA
Remaining at T3 after 12 July for the rest of S22 would be:

Barbados (BGI)
Nairobi (NBO)

Bastia (BIA)
Billund (BLL)
Bucharest (OTP)
Gibraltar (GIB)
Gothenburg (GOT)
Lyon (LYS)
Naples (NAP)
Oslo (OSL)
Porto (OPO)
Pristina (PRN)
Pula (PUY)
Tirana (TIA)
Vienna (VIE)
weirdly just got an email from BA that our NBO to LHR return leg will be T5 but nothing about the outbound, however this is also showing as T5 in MMB (sept 22). Grrr, just booked parking and was looking forward to my first CX F lounge….
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
I seem to be a long-haul loser, my flight to BGI in September seems to be remaining in T3 😞
There’s shenanigans here. My outbound BGI flight is T3, return is T5, next month.

EDIT: outbound also T5 now.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I wonder if BA might manage to regroup ALL flights to T5 in the end, and if so, would they be able to close off their T3 lounge and operations entirely and what would they then do with the lounges? I mean as weird as the whole thing seems to be, if it did end up resulting in a single terminal operation I would sort of see how it may be worth the "earthquake" and save them a lot of money...
mnhusker likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I just don't think there is enough capacity for all BA flights in T5. Pre covid there were a decent amount of routes in T3. Even after this bizarre move and getting AA and IB out, there are still a dozen or so routes in T3, and we aren't really back at pre covid flight levels yet.
Radiation Station likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.