Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Missing Avios / flights… how long to wait?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

How long are you expected to wait for missing Avios these days? Anyone done this recently?

Does anyone know how flights, where I used my account to to check-in and board, can suddenly go missing like I never flew them?!?

I mean… imagine that happens to your bank account…

Last edited by Tinseltown; Jun 27, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tinseltown
How long are you expected to wait for missing Avios these days? Anyone done this recently?

Does anyone know how flights, where I used my account to to check-in and board, can suffenly go missing like I never flew them?!?

I mean… imagine that happens to your bank account…
I usually wait a week before I claim.

Lots of reasons tbh. I have had one recently where it was a corporate TA booking where my number was clearly in, but the flights never posted. I suspect it is because the TA insists on putting my middle name in with my first name on the given name field, and it rejects because it doesn't match exactly.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
I usually wait a week before I claim.

Lots of reasons tbh. I have had one recently where it was a corporate TA booking where my number was clearly in, but the flights never posted. I suspect it is because the TA insists on putting my middle name in with my first name on the given name field, and it rejects because it doesn't match exactly.
I flew these flights back in April and never realised they never posted. I just assumed they did until I realised my account told me I hadn’t flown at all this year. Wondering whether the flight I just took will post!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I flew these flights back in April and never realised they never posted. I just assumed they did until I realised my account told me I hadn’t flown at all this year. Wondering whether the flight I just took will post!
if you flew in April then it is time to log a missing avios case. I usually wait 2 weeks before i claim

Lots of reasons they don't post, mainly that airline systems are not well integrated with each other .

Link to claim is toward the end of this page

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ive-club/avios
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I understand the frustration, and believing ba.com is always a route to stress. Suggest the OP waits for a couple of days and then see if the “system” has twitched into life … and then come back here for further advice. We have a “BA missing Avios” member here who should be able to help.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
oh if it was BA, finnair or AA it should definitely have posted by now. remember there were account access metldowns in april and one of my apr flights on BA that had not posted by mid-may i had to request.

if it is IB...well, those seemingly never post anymore!

but yes by this point i would have no qualms claiming.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
At this point i would not assume they will just post. Try claiming via missing Avios link under Manage my account in BAEC. You need your ticket number beginning 125. You need to do this sooner rather than later as I believe BA will only credit flights within the last 6 months (not sure if that is only if you've just joined BAEC)
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

So… the issue is actually that I already filled in that form and then had to contact BA (via a form) because I got this error message whenever I put the (correct) ticket number in there:

But BA has yet to respond. Should I just call?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
My experience for what it is worth. I had a 125 ticket flying IB that didn't post. After 2 weeks I tried submitting a missing avios claim and just like you I got the error message. I rang an agent who got me to upload ticket and BP's to this address
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ting-documents
Later the same day I also contacted someone via chat on the website. 6 days later tier and avios were credited. Not sure which method was ultimately successful.
I would really love to know from someone here who is well versed in IT systems, as to why BA issued 125 tickets generate errors when trying to claim missing avios. Good luck with getting yours credited
Tinseltown and Kranebitten like this.

Last edited by blurt91; Jun 27, 2022 at 3:10 pm
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I flew WT+ IAD -LON-AGP in April. LHR - AGP was cancelled, I was auto- rebooked to a flight that a
departed before I arrived. I was booked again to a flight that made sense, that flight got canceled and I was rebooked through LGW. All in four days.

My return (which was flown as originally ticketed) TPsand Avios credited without issue. The outbound didn’t post. I waited two weeks and then pinged BA every week for 6 weeks. Same ticket number issue as OP above. Phone x2, web site x2 and fax x2 and BA Lurker. The points/TPs credited this week.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
So… the issue is actually that I already filled in that form and then had to contact BA (via a form) because I got this error message whenever I put the (correct) ticket number in there:

But BA has yet to respond. Should I just call?
there have been several reports of this on the forum by other posters. My advice now would be to send a private message to BAMissingAvios
AJA_ likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:20 am

I must be sailing under a lucky star. My Avios and tier points from my 2 sectors on QR last week have just posted to my BAEC account.
blurt91 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:37 am

This seems to be an increasing problem and there is clearly an "IT enhancement" that is rejecting valid 125 ticket numbers on the site. As blurt91 says the chat works and takes around 7 days to post, but just note if there are others on the booking you will need to have set up permission to manage their account or they will need to claim themselves. Had same issue (as many do) with a 125 ticket BA codeshare on IB metal just not posting, but chat resolved it. I had also raised it via the customer services claim route along with BP scans (got paper as I anticipated this issue in advance), but never heard back even if now a moot point.
blurt91 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by rapidex
I must be sailing under a lucky star. My Avios and tier points from my 2 sectors on QR last week have just posted to my BAEC account.
Earlier in the year I had a QR ticket that had 4 QR sectors and 2 BA. The QR all credited OK...I had to chase the BA ones!🤪🤪
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Three of four QR flights credited within a week, about a month ago, and oddly, the fourth (same ticket) didn't. Usually QR credits to BA accounts on Wednesdays automatically. So I claimed via BA website and nothing happened. Next, I called Customer Relations who agreed to fix it, but in fact, the missing TPs were not credited and an incorrect number of Avios was credited. A further email exchange with Customer Relations has resulted in another "fix", in which an incorrect number of TPs has been credited. I'll try yet again....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.