Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Missing Avios and Tier Points resulting in lost status upgrade

Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I've had a sift through some of the threads but am struggling to fine a specific one for this issue.

To cut a long story short, I took a flight with Finnair (booked through BA as part of a bigger trip) on April 3 and still haven't been credited the tier points and avios. These tier points would have brought me well over the threshold to upgrade from Silver to Gold status. I phoned BA on April 5 to explain I haven't received the points and to confirm everything would go ahead. They said it's fine and there's a two week grace period anyway.

Now coming to the end of June, I've had no updates. I've called them four times in the last two months and every time I get told it's being escalated and will be sorted. I understand this is a first world problem but I spent a good chunk of resources to get to gold.

Does anyone have any suggestions of departments/numbers/people etc to try and speak to get it dealt with?

Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Send a private message to BAMissingAvios on FlyerTalk. That's your best bet at this point.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Also, you haven't missed the upgrade. Once the TPs post, the system will backdate them and it should catch up.
Jodge likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Rather than call you should fill out the claim missing miles here

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ive-club/avios

if that does not work then contact BAMissingAvios
Jodge likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:19 am
Original Poster

That's great, thanks all for the helpful feedback!

I also submitted a claim online three weeks ago to no avail. I'll try BAMissingAvios
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Jodge
That's great, thanks all for the helpful feedback!

I also submitted a claim online three weeks ago to no avail. I'll try BAMissingAvios
I was in the same situation where my missing TP's kept me bronze at end of my TP year and spoke to BAMissingAvios who passed my problem to the person required to fix this and a few days later I got an email from BA advising my TP was added and successfully moved up to Silver.
Jodge likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
I am experiencing a similar problem: 2 months ago I travelled on a 5-flight itinerary on QF. Three of the flights posted quickly, including two legs which were a codeshare on EK metal. The missing flights are QF metal.

The hoops I've jumped through so far:
1- filled missing Avios claim 7 days after the flights: nothing so far
2- after 2 weeks, wrote to BAMissingAvios: no response so far
3- after 3 weeks, called BA Exec Club, and e-mailed e-ticket: no response so far
4- recently received two identical responses within a week of each other following the original retro claim asking for BPs, e-ticket and.... wait for it... asking to "Please send us a letter from our partner confirming you travelled."

Are they on crack?? Do they really think QF will do that?

This is especially frustrating as I should have moved back to Silver two weeks ago after 2 years of no travel, and have a bunch of upcoming long haul flights in Y.

Rant over: any ideas of next steps?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by RafKa
I am experiencing a similar problem: 2 months ago I travelled on a 5-flight itinerary on QF. Three of the flights posted quickly, including two legs which were a codeshare on EK metal. The missing flights are QF metal.

The hoops I've jumped through so far:
1- filled missing Avios claim 7 days after the flights: nothing so far
2- after 2 weeks, wrote to BAMissingAvios: no response so far
3- after 3 weeks, called BA Exec Club, and e-mailed e-ticket: no response so far
4- recently received two identical responses within a week of each other following the original retro claim asking for BPs, e-ticket and.... wait for it... asking to "Please send us a letter from our partner confirming you travelled."

Are they on crack?? Do they really think QF will do that?

This is especially frustrating as I should have moved back to Silver two weeks ago after 2 years of no travel, and have a bunch of upcoming long haul flights in Y.

Rant over: any ideas of next steps?
Sounds astonishingly tedious though airlines do generally issue confirmations of travel upon request (usually it's needed for insurance purposes) - see the BA example here: Customer receipt request (britishairways.com)
Old Dec 13, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
I had a similar situation, with a missed flight and request for original routing credit. They did that (after the membership year expired but before the card expiry), but somehow it did not reflect correctly in the system. Despite repeated emails back about the case, I never got any reply. I did however write to and get updates from YouFirst, and finally now (two months after travel) my Gold status is renewed! They kept saying it was escalated and someone would be looking into it. On the bright side it seems my card is now extended for two years.
RafKa likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Thanks. I'll have a dig at the QF website (or waste 1h trying to speak to a human on the phone).
Old Dec 13, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by RafKa
Thanks. I'll have a dig at the QF website (or waste 1h trying to speak to a human on the phone).
you could also try emailing Qantas Frequent Flyer <[email protected]>
I think it’s technically meant for their own but pretty low risk to attempt
RafKa likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.