Domestic childs meal

Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Domestic childs meal

We are booked to travel to LHR from ABZ (and return) in CE mid July via BAH. We are taking our 5 yo grandson for his first flight and trip to London. Once everything was booked I was able to reserve him a childs meal on both flights via MMB. The inevitable flight change meant a later departure on the ABZ - LHR outbound and after this was changed I was unable to rebook a childs meal. In MMB it said you cant choose a meal this close to your flight time even though its still 3 weeks away.
I called in and was first told that they dont do domestic childs meals. I asked why I already had one booked on the return then and why I had previously been able to book one on the outbound. The agent put me on hold for a while and then said they were only available ex Heathrow. Does anyone know if this is correct or why I would have previously been able to book one?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:57 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Ive had a kids breakfast ex-MAN - it was the same meal as the adults got (COVID times so a croissant)
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:58 am

Depends on how fussy the child is, some of the adult options are deli platters (ham and cheese) so they may enjoy?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I would wait for a few days and try it again. I can choose special meals on my domestic flights and child is an option so I think you should. I wouldnt really worry the doco deserts on the standard meal is great and which child would refuse 3x of that!!! Dont forget if its an afternoon flight then its finger sandwich and scones again all kids loves those things.
I would recommend to check in the forum about CE meals before you call.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The CE meal is likely to be cold meat or something like tofu for the veg option, plus a starter, chocolate pudding and a roll with butter.

My experience is that the cold meat usually goes down ok, starter/tofu no chance, chocolate pudding doesn't touch the sides, fill up with the bun. Anyway I wouldn't stress too much about getting a child meal as it's likely to be similar or not particularly good. There are usually biscuits available to snack on too.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:22 am

Dont forget you can eat at the Lounge as well before you fly....
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
I have booked a childs meal for a niece, (last summer) for BHD - LHR - ABZ rtn and can confirm they do serve them. Example below.
[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/e388daa3-fb63-4515-9246-ea061f9c3bf3[/img]
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Thanks for the replies folks! He’s not a particularly fussy eater so we’ll get something. Since the flight change we’re back in row 5 from originally row 2 and that might mean limited choice so I was just trying to give us options.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.