Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glasgow to Malaga

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Glasgow to Malaga

Does anyone have any info on this flight I noticed from Glasgow today, I couldn’t see it bookable anywhere. Is it a one off or a charter?

I know they were using the city flyer from Glasgow at the weekends a few years back but didn’t hear anything about it starting again

Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:16 pm

Barrhead travel charter I believe! Not sure they sell them as flight only
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:01 pm

Charter on behalf of TUI, seat only tickets and holidays bookable via the normal TUI channels. I just checked the website.

Most of the Cityflyer charter work out of EDI, GLA, NCL and SOU this summer is for TUI.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerCE
Charter on behalf of TUI, seat only tickets and holidays bookable via the normal TUI channels. I just checked the website.

Most of the Cityflyer charter work out of EDI, GLA, NCL and SOU this summer is for TUI.
Incan assure you ex SOU is all scheduled on sale on ba.com. I was also surprised to see a BA CF jet at ALC yesterday bound for GLA which I hadn't appreciated was a scheduled route.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Incan assure you ex SOU is all scheduled on sale on ba.com. I was also surprised to see a BA CF jet at ALC yesterday bound for GLA which I hadn't appreciated was a scheduled route.
Sorry that’s not correct. The Saturday afternoon SOU-PMI-SOU is a TUI charter, and GLA-ALC-GLA is also a TUI charter.

Charters usually have BA4XXX flight numbers so are easy to spot. Not to be confused with RTM schedules which are also BA4XXX.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerCE
Sorry that’s not correct. The Saturday afternoon SOU-PMI-SOU is a TUI charter, and GLA-ALC-GLA is also a TUI charter.

Charters usually have BA4XXX flight numbers so are easy to spot. Not to be confused with RTM schedules which are also BA4XXX.
My apologies for my badly written explanation. I was trying to state the ex SOU rotations are usually scheduled services. I was surprised to see the CF jet operating ALC-GLA at ALC (didn't manage to check out the flight number just saw it on a remote stand) and hearing it was a charter was enlightening and surprising. I also didn't know TUI had a CF charter SOU-PMI. There was also a weekend over the May half term when there were 2 scheduled departures PMI-SOU within an hour of each other. There were 5x BA E190's on the ground at SOU when we landed so quite a busy little hub of activity on a Saturday afternoon 👍

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Jun 26, 2022 at 7:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.