DLM to LGW CE with No food

Old Jun 26, 22, 10:57 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Tit/ LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
The crew are unable to give away free food from the Speedbird Cafe as it is owned by Tourvest and nothing to do with BA.
ÖAnd BA have decided to protect margins over customer experience by not allowing their senior crew to buy food from an on board food supplier when they donít have enough food to meet their own service standards for premium passengers.
simonsmith and Scotair like this.
Old Jun 27, 22, 12:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / OWE, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by JackDann View Post
Iíd send a complaint and be clear that you want either the fare difference between CE and ET (or avios if Reward booking) to be refunded. When they refuse I would proceed with filing a MCOL.

Might seem like a bit much, but ultimately they havenít delivered the service youíve paid for.
I'm normally pretty relaxed but will confess I think this is a reasonable answer - 90% of the reason I book CE is to 'make sure' I can eat onboard.
Old Jun 27, 22, 1:26 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, Avianca Diamond, HH Silver, (OtherhalfGold), IHG Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete View Post
ÖAnd BA have decided to protect margins over customer experience by not allowing their senior crew to buy food from an on board food supplier when they donít have enough food to meet their own service standards for premium passengers.
My initial thought was just this, it would keep the customer happy and save BA having to sort things out after . Then I thought , How many people on a delayed / cancelled flight , know / bother to claim let alone not being given a meal ? Very few I would imagine .
Old Jun 27, 22, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
yes loaded at LHR and chilled, and then served next morning.
Given the aircraft is powered down overnight, chilled where?
Old Jun 27, 22, 2:57 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by skipness1E View Post
Dry ice in the trolleys I believe?
skipness1E, KARFA and AnaTravel like this.
Old Jun 27, 22, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tom139 View Post
Dry ice in the trolleys I believe?
Sure is. There's a little drawer at the top of the trolley, a dry ice pellet goes in there and the trolley is good for 4-6'c for about 10 hours.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 27, 22, 3:42 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
for long haul the service standard should be to collect orders, and reconcile in the galley. If there arenít enough to give everyone their first choice, it should be prioritised on status.

in F itís a little different due to the ability to order when you want, but if orders are being collected at the same time the same principle should apply.
On my last LH flight I was told by the CSD that this is now down to the crew to enforce and not a service standard. Ie, many WW and long term MF will do it, newer staff may not.
Old Jun 27, 22, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by skipness1E View Post
the items needing to be kept chilled are stored in cool boxes apparently as effective as containers used to transport human organs! I've certainly boarded an aircraft in the morning in Istanbul in the summer and the ice is still frozen solid and we've had to bash the living daylights out of it to fit it in the glasses for drinks!
skipness1E likes this.
Old Jun 27, 22, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by JackDann View Post
Iíd send a complaint and be clear that you want either the fare difference between CE and ET (or avios if Reward booking) to be refunded. When they refuse I would proceed with filing a MCOL.

Might seem like a bit much, but ultimately they havenít delivered the service youíve paid for.
But the difference between CE and ET is: Priority checking / Priority luggage allowance / priority boarding / spare middle seat / meal and bar service / TP and Avios (if not a reward booking)

So to claim the FULL difference just because the meal service is missing, and the rest of the offering is still consumed, is a bit disingenuous.

Agree, some compensation is due however.
Old Jun 27, 22, 4:36 am

I am fed up with companies not delivering purchased contractual services. Also fed up with suing every month another airline although I usually win.
I started to just do chargebacks. Airlines also cancel, delay or just do not provide their services without asking or sometimes even informing me. In addition most just fully ignored the law during the pandemic regarding refunds etc.
Should they have the hassle to get some money from me and a lawyer if they believe they win the case. I am not paid for my time handling this, airline employees are.
Old Jun 27, 22, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / OWE, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by PGberkshire View Post
But the difference between CE and ET is: Priority checking / Priority luggage allowance / priority boarding / spare middle seat / meal and bar service / TP and Avios (if not a reward booking)

So to claim the FULL difference just because the meal service is missing, and the rest of the offering is still consumed, is a bit disingenuous.

I think meal and bar are the larger part of the equation for most on here - to put it another way, there's a 0% chance I'd consider buying CE if it was advertised as being uncatered...
Old Jun 27, 22, 4:46 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, Avianca Diamond, HH Silver, (OtherhalfGold), IHG Gold
Originally Posted by PGberkshire View Post

Interesting, one of the issues of having status is that you get not all but a lot of this anyway .
Old Jun 27, 22, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
...There is no ability to obtain and load catering down route...
Most outstations have the ability to provide catering but BA has made a strategic business decision not to do this - assessed purely on cost.
Old Jun 27, 22, 4:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by choosethedrew View Post
Most outstations have the ability to provide catering but BA has made a strategic business decision not to do this - assessed purely on cost.
I think that was implied in my post. We all know all airports usually have local catering.

When passengers are constantly looking to get the cheapest deal and lowest cost fares, it is hardly surprising airlines will do the same to keep their fares down. Now you can argue there is always a balance to reducing costs and keeping up levels of service, but I wouldn't say this issue is one I would want BA to spend money on.
DiamondMile and PGberkshire like this.
Old Jun 27, 22, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by simonsmith View Post
Interesting, one of the issues of having status is that you get not all but a lot of this anyway .
True, but we still have to pay the same price

I wish there was a discount CE, for Gold or above say, that takes into account the fact you already get superior offerings from status. But alas...
simonsmith likes this.

Search this Thread