Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight cancelled but being offered a downgrade with no refund

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight cancelled but being offered a downgrade with no refund

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bd95
You should get compensated, but don’t count on it with BA. When a similar situation happened to me they trotted out the line: “In the case where you are rebooked in a lower cabin and you travel as booked in this cabin, you're not entitled to downgrade compensation. However, you are entitled to any difference in the fare paid.”

On short haul there’s often not a huge difference but it’s a sneaky approach by BA.
Been downgraded twice this year to Y from CE on paid F itineraries ex US and ex EU
First time (March) reporting this to GGL team resulted in kind apologies and 14 usd refund
I’m bracing for the second refund…
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by camdentown
There appears to be one in the timetable.
Note that when you look at "book a flight" the website apparently now does not show flights which are fully booked.
I think this is a relatively recent change, but its very unhelpful of BA to do this and deceptive as loads may change and a previously full flight might subsequently have space .
I noticed this yesterday. Almost gave me a heart attack when I checked fares on a flight I'm on and it wasn't there!
camdentown likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.