Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Shoe-less, Sock-less & Scratching in the T5 First Lounge

Shoe-less, Sock-less & Scratching in the T5 First Lounge

Old Jun 24, 22, 6:46 pm

Programs: BAEC
Clipping nails would be gross. But just scratching ? Seriously ? There are some very precious souls on this forum…
Old Jun 25, 22, 1:51 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by bafan View Post
Clipping nails would be gross. But just scratching ? Seriously ? There are some very precious souls on this forum…
Was it you Love?

Do you seriously think that it is normal not to say hygienic to be scratching your feet and then put your hand on the armrest? Then the armrest, and tray table on the aircraft. You may but I don’t. I can’t imagine a single person of my acquaintance taking their shoes off let alone conducting themselves in such an uncouth manner.

What has surprised me are that the toe clipping experience has been witnessed by others on other airlines. Ugh!

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Jun 25, 22 at 2:43 am
Old Jun 25, 22, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by krispy84 View Post
These threads surface every now and again, Iíll be the guilty party this time.

A man in the T5 First lounge just now, scratching between his toes whilst on the phone. A pair of very shabby fabric sandals on the floor next to him 😱.

Thereía a word for it, begins with Ďaí, canít quite put my finger on it 😁
When First Class becomes last class🤣 Sholess Sockless Mindless Priceless! Gross if you ask me when I am sipping my Champagne with cheese platter.

Note to BA lounge dragons who should downgrade these passengers no matter how much they paid due to operational reasons🤣

Stinky Feet a whiff of sultry air!
Old Jun 25, 22, 8:20 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat, BA Silver
Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
Nothing wrong with a pair of old sandals, I've got a pair myself.

I remember reading in an old book about a guy who used to wear them all the time. Quite a nice guy too and come to think of it, I'm sure the Sandals were named after him
Well, (tongue firmly in cheek here so please no one take offence!) one could suggest that your story is a work of fiction whereas this wasnít! He walks amongst us (but he might need some guidance on what is socially acceptable these daysÖmakes me wonder if PETER01 back then did what he did due to poor foot hygiene by THE man back in the day!)
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 9:09 am

My seat mate on an AF TATL flight used the hot towel to wash his feet. That set the tone for the rest of the flight.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Bodily functions and activity have no place in Public. Period.
spursdebs likes this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 12:15 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
Was it you Love?

Do you seriously think that it is normal not to say hygienic to be scratching your feet and then put your hand on the armrest? Then the armrest, and tray table on the aircraft. You may but I donít. I canít imagine a single person of my acquaintance taking their shoes off let alone conducting themselves in such an uncouth manner.

What has surprised me are that the toe clipping experience has been witnessed by others on other airlines. Ugh!
No, it wasnít me. And I wouldnít want to incur your wrath (or the back of your hairbrush). And, Iím not saying, I would do it, but if someone else had hot feet and needed a scratch then, in a public lounge, I donít think itís unreasonable behaviour. But, then, Iím just a simple, working class soulÖ
Old Jun 25, 22, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
I'll happily take off my shoes (and have presentable socks beneath) either in the lounge or on a plane. That's par for the course for inside in CH, and they are far less likely to smell this way. Socklees? Urggghh.
Old Jun 26, 22, 1:49 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by bafan View Post
No, it wasnít me. And I wouldnít want to incur your wrath (or the back of your hairbrush). And, Iím not saying, I would do it, but if someone else had hot feet and needed a scratch then, in a public lounge, I donít think itís unreasonable behaviour. But, then, Iím just a simple, working class soulÖ
Darling, there are toilets. He could go and scratch what he likes therein. He could even wash his feet in there. if he was something of a contortionist. We would be none the wiser.

To misquote the song x youíre just a soul whose intentions are good.
bafan likes this.
Old Jun 26, 22, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benmitchell View Post
Or fly BA by the sounds of it. Out of interest when did you last fly BA.
Years ago...after reading on here how awful an airline they've become I decided not to fly them again!!
Old Jun 28, 22, 6:50 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Foot scratching is a minor sin.

Having loud phone conversations using the loudspeaker function is a major sin.

(IMHO)
bafan and Steve in Olympia like this.
Old Jun 28, 22, 8:35 am

Mr. Pickles

I don't have a photo available right now, but when I flew TAM F years ago, the whole cabin was occupied by 3 passengers - me, the wife, and Mr. Pickles. I was pretty thrilled to essentially have a private flight until Mr. Pickles decided to drill his finger into his nose hole long and deep. He proceeded to extract out what seemed like a piece of booger shaped like Italy (or Taiwan). He looked at it, then rubbed it on the side of the seat.

*EDIT: Found the photo! Almost forgot, but he was digging with one hand, and collecting with the other hand in case that's not obvious.

Mr. Pickles

Last edited by randomtask123; Jun 28, 22 at 8:40 am Reason: found photo
Old Jun 28, 22, 6:57 pm

Programs: Delta, United, American, Norwegian, Southwest, Frontier, Bonvoy
What happened to No Shirt No Shoes No Service?
Old Jun 28, 22, 7:08 pm

Slightly OT, but I remember once when boarding an MH flight where a backpacker in his late teens / early 20s plonked himself into a J seat and immediately removed his shoes. The smell that wafted through the cabin was... revolting.

As the rest of us politely tried to hold our breaths and endure the journey, a rather matter-of-fact looking Malaysian (or Singaporean, can't quite tell) "uncle" got up from behind the backpacker, pointed him to the overhead storage, and said, "Keep your shoes up. Very smelly!!" And the backpacker obeyed, ever so ashamedly.

The rest of us couldn't thank the "uncle" enough.
Old Jun 28, 22, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by NotSoFrequentColorado View Post
What happened to No Shirt No Shoes No Service?

Search this Thread