FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   "Supersize your Avios this weekend" email (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2084278-supersize-your-avios-weekend-email.html)

ratechaser Jun 24, 2022 7:01 am

"Supersize your Avios this weekend" email

Just received this mail - basically until Monday night, you can use Avios at a rate of 2p per Avio to part pay for LH WT and WTP fares - there are limits but it's a decent exchange rate.

No good for CW/F but I don't see anything preventing a UUA to CW...

And it's ex-U.K. fares only I'm afraid...

craigthemif Jun 24, 2022 7:04 am

You certainly wouldn't be able to UUA during the purchase process. But once your ticket is booked, you can easily call and UUA. No restrictions there AFAIK

Never Stansted Jun 24, 2022 7:18 am

Wonder if this was planned or if bookings have fallen off a cliff since the strike vote.

ModestPointsCollector Jun 24, 2022 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Never Stansted (Post 34364927)
Wonder if this was planned or if bookings have fallen off a cliff since the strike vote.

Knowing the state of BA's IT, I can't believe this is something they were able to code into the system with no warning, especially with such a short lifespan. I could be wrong though, maybe it's just a case of swapping out the existing redemption tables for the temporary ones *shrug*

rolandrat Jun 24, 2022 7:44 am

I had a "Come back on Friday the 24th for something " on the exec club app on phone on at least as early as Tuesday, which I assume this is what they were on about.

KingCanute Jun 24, 2022 8:06 am

This may not be a fashionable opinion, but I think buying avios with a 50% bonus is good value right now compared with paying current cash fares (subject to availability of course), particularly if you move them straight over to QR and need any one ways.

Tafflyer Jun 24, 2022 8:28 am

Only for UK residents.
:(

craigthemif Jun 24, 2022 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Never Stansted (Post 34364927)

Unlikely to do with the strike.

Perhaps more to do with the fact that everybody who was desperate to travel to the US has now done so, while the rest of us are in no rush whatsoever...

CharlesTheTog Jun 24, 2022 9:08 am

Unless you're Gold, I'm struggling to see the value here?

The prices long haul have been hiked considerably more than the £105 you'll save in Economy. Even WTP has been hiked a decent amount.

I guess the equivalent is Rishi saying we've cut 5p off a litre of fuel simply because they're making at least an extra 30p...

Agent69 Jun 24, 2022 9:08 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser (Post 34364882)
Just received this mail - basically until Monday night, you can use Avios at a rate of 2p per Avio to part pay for LH WT and WTP fares - there are limits but it's a decent exchange rate.

No good for CW/F but I don't see anything preventing a UUA to CW...

And it's ex-U.K. fares only I'm afraid...

Lack of availability?

ratechaser Jun 24, 2022 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Agent69 (Post 34365263)
Lack of availability?

Ah, I wondered who would be the first to state the bleedin' obvious :D

corporate-wage-slave Jun 24, 2022 2:16 pm

Here is the webpage information on this offer for UK registered BAEC members:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...pay-with-avios

and the Ts & Cs just in case we need them later

Originally Posted by Pay with Avios offer ending 27 June 2022
  1. This offer is available to British Airways Executive Club Members resident in the United Kingdom who have 250 or more Avios (Eligible Members).
  2. Eligible Members must be logged into their Executive Club account at ba.com or call via a British Airways global engagement centre to participate in this offer. Executive Club Members can reduce the price of their flight by logging into their Executive Club account, selecting their flights and using their Avios part payment options at the price page. eVouchers cannot be used as payment or part payment for this offer. Savings are subject to change.
  3. This offer is available on bookings made between 00:00 (BST) Friday 24 June 2022 and 23:59 (BST) Monday 27 June 2022 (inclusive).
  4. The offer is available when booking any British Airways operated one way or return flight, departing from the UK, in World Traveller (economy) and World Traveller Plus (premium economy) cabins (Eligible Flight).
  5. The offer entitles Eligible Members booking Eligible Flights at ba.com, or via a British Airways global engagement centre, to receive a discount of £5 per person on a return flight in exchange for 250 Avios, a discount of £18 in exchange for 900 Avios, a discount of £32 in exchange for 1,600 Avios, a discount of £56 in exchange for 2,800 Avios, a discount of £80 in exchange for 4,000 Avios, a discount of £100 in exchange for 5,000 Avios, a discount of £150 in exchange for 7,500 Avios or a maximum discount of £210 in exchange for 10,500 Avios. If a Member is booking a one-way flight, the discounts per person will be as follows: £5 discount for 250 Avios, £9 discount for 450 Avios, £16 discount for 800 Avios, £28 discount for 1,400 Avios, £40 discount for 2,000 Avios, £50 discount for 2,500 Avios, £75 discount for 3,750 Avios or a maximum discount £105 for 5,250 Avios.
  6. The British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions and Conditions of Use apply to this offer.
  7. Bookings made over the telephone from the UK will carry a non-refundable £10 offline booking fee per person per ticket. Calls cost up to 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.
  8. British Airways reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this offer.

scottishpoet Jun 24, 2022 2:56 pm

Ba holidays double tp offer ex uk only
this offer uk registered members only

Beginning to feel they are not interested if you are not uk based

Waz22 Jun 25, 2022 4:20 am

Could I book this with my BA membership and swap to Qantas to use Status and earn Status Credits?

Have all the loopholes been closed?

corporate-wage-slave Jun 25, 2022 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Waz22 (Post 34367718)
Could I book this with my BA membership and swap to Qantas to use Status and earn Status Credits?

Have all the loopholes been closed?

Not sure about loopholes, you can flip your frequent flyer number anyway. But the easiest way to do this, if not in a household account, is to book this under your BAEC initially, and then when you have to select the passenger(s) for the booking, rather than select yourself, just add your own name as if booking for someone else. Then when you have the PNR you can enter via Surname and PNR, add in the Qantas frequent flyer number.