Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone having problems combining avios to Iberia?

Anyone having problems combining avios to Iberia?

Old Jun 24, 22, 5:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I can normally get Combine My Avios to work, either via BA, IB, Vueling or Aer Lingus. I don't usually have a problem, it tends to work for me. But today none of these are working so I would assume it's broken at the moment, typically service is restored within a few days.
Old Jun 30, 22, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Looks like it's still not working. I was able to open an avios.com acct and that would allow me to transfer into my IB account, the BA side isn't working at all. I try it on the BA side, IB or Avios sites and nothing. Trying to book tix for flights in Spain and they don't even show up on BA's side. Lovely timing.
Old Jun 30, 22, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by civicmon View Post
Looks like it's still not working. I was able to open an avios.com acct and that would allow me to transfer into my IB account, the BA side isn't working at all. I try it on the BA side, IB or Avios sites and nothing. Trying to book tix for flights in Spain and they don't even show up on BA's side. Lovely timing.
i want to give up…
Old Jun 30, 22, 6:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum
I just did a search of one of the internal systems and this advice came up for using CMA:
  • Your full name, date of birth, email address and home address, including postcode, have to be identical on both accounts in order for the transfer to be successful.

If you've verified that this is the case on both accounts and it still doesn't work please PM the transaction id and I'll raise an internal ticket to try and get to the bottom of it!
Swadbus likes this.
Old Jun 30, 22, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Techonista View Post
I just did a search of one of the internal systems and this advice came up for using CMA:
  • Your full name, date of birth, email address and home address, including postcode, have to be identical on both accounts in order for the transfer to be successful.

If you've verified that this is the case on both accounts and it still doesn't work please PM the transaction id and I'll raise an internal ticket to try and get to the bottom of it!
I have done the “Combine My Avios” between BA and Iberia multiple times over the past several months, so I know that the data on the two accounts are a good match. Currently, the system is simply broken, both on the Iberia website and the BA website.
Old Jul 1, 22, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by Techonista View Post

On both the Avios and IB sites, I get the "combine is not available at this moment" right after I log into the BA side, while the Avios to IB does allow me to log in. On the specific BA site, I can't even enter my IB info to compare and immediately says it's not available, leading me to believe this is solely a BA IT issue.

I did confirm my info is identical given the IB formatting, I can't guarantee it'll match 100% though I assume it will. It is the same.
Old Jul 1, 22, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by civicmon View Post
On both the Avios and IB sites, I get the "combine is not available at this moment" right after I log into the BA side, while the Avios to IB does allow me to log in. On the specific BA site, I can't even enter my IB info to compare and immediately says it's not available, leading me to believe this is solely a BA IT issue.

I did confirm my info is identical given the IB formatting, I can't guarantee it'll match 100% though I assume it will. It is the same.
I did confirm both my name an address are the same on BA an on IB.

I can’t “combine my avios” on BA website. BA to IB gives me an error message and it won’t let me login with my IB information.
Old Jul 1, 22, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold,AA,EI&UA
Was also having issues until today. Could not transfer Avios from EI to BA. Tried for over a week but got all the error messages listed prevously.
Today I logged on to Avios.com and tried something I had not previously attempted. Went to the "Contact Us" option at the bottom of page, then "Transferring Avios to BA or IB" and hit "webchat".
About 10 min. wait for an agent, answered some verification questions and how many Avios I wanted to transfer and within a minute or so the Avios had transferred. E-mail confirmation received, checked both Avios.com and my BA account and the transfer had completed.
All done in less than 15 minutes.
Pleasantly surprised how easy this was after the irritations of the failed attempts of the past week. Regret not trying the "webchat" sooner.
Hope this helps someone else out there!
Usernamemy, civicmon and martzipan like this.
Old Jul 1, 22, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nil SeAnn View Post
Was also having issues until today. Could not transfer Avios from EI to BA. Tried for over a week but got all the error messages listed prevously.
Today I logged on to Avios.com and tried something I had not previously attempted. Went to the "Contact Us" option at the bottom of page, then "Transferring Avios to BA or IB" and hit "webchat".
About 10 min. wait for an agent, answered some verification questions and how many Avios I wanted to transfer and within a minute or so the Avios had transferred. E-mail confirmation received, checked both Avios.com and my BA account and the transfer had completed.
All done in less than 15 minutes.
Pleasantly surprised how easy this was after the irritations of the failed attempts of the past week. Regret not trying the "webchat" sooner.
Hope this helps someone else out there!
I didn’t know they had a webchat on Avios dot come. Will try it and report back!

edit: I can confirm this method work with ease, 15 minutes top! Just give them your Avios dot com membership ID. Also your BA and IB membership ID!
civicmon likes this.

Last edited by Usernamemy; Jul 1, 22 at 12:14 pm
Old Jul 5, 22, 1:43 pm

Indeed, webchat is such a superior option. No waiting on the phone, easy to copy/paste all the account numbers on the computer, took all of 10 minutes to get the Avios transferred from BA to AerClub and book an EI flight on avios.com that a BA phone agent was insisting is not available.
Old Jul 6, 22, 9:51 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
I was able to transfer points from BA to IB through the chat. I had originally read that I needed to open an Aer Lingus account to then create an Avios.com account, so the point transfer technically had to go from BA to Aer Lingus and then Aer Lingus to IB, but it all worked out. Took about 20-25 minutes total including the wait time to be connected with an agent.
Old Jul 6, 22, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Usernamemy View Post
all I want is to transfer my Chase UR to BA 30% bonus then combine it into IB for award space in November…
But if BA charges the same Avios and the same fuel surcharges on IB flights, there is no need to book thru IB any more.
I got this blog update today

https://awardwallet.com/blog/british...tyn=nszy92193k

Quietly and without any announcement, British Airways cut the high fuel surcharges it used to charge for awards on Iberia flights. The new charges align with the more modest fuel surcharges that Iberia levies on its own awards!
Old Jul 6, 22, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
But if BA charges the same Avios and the same fuel surcharges on IB flights, there is no need to book thru IB any more.
I got this blog update today

https://awardwallet.com/blog/british...tyn=nszy92193k

Quietly and without any announcement, British Airways cut the high fuel surcharges it used to charge for awards on Iberia flights. The new charges align with the more modest fuel surcharges that Iberia levies on its own awards!
I didn’t know that until I look it up right after I booked my flight 😅
Old Jul 7, 22, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
I don't know what IB calls their "saver" tickets, but I booked one way tix yesterday on IB from JFK to BCN and return from MAD to JFK in December and the number of Avios required on the Iberia website was far lower than through any of the affiliate websites. I transferred my Chase points to BA first to get the 30% bonus, so it ended up being about ~37K points and $200 in fees roundtrip.
Old Jul 7, 22, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kapy3 View Post
I don't know what IB calls their "saver" tickets, but I booked one way tix yesterday on IB from JFK to BCN and return from MAD to JFK in December and the number of Avios required on the Iberia website was far lower than through any of the affiliate websites. I transferred my Chase points to BA first to get the 30% bonus, so it ended up being about ~37K points and $200 in fees roundtrip.
JFK-BCN is LEVEL, and therefore not available through BA or any other Oneworld ffp.

Search this Thread