Never ceases to amaze me

Old Jun 23, 22, 3:31 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by bisonrav View Post
The notion of PUCCI GALORE squeezing until the pips squeak is too much for me at this time in the morning. I need a whisky.
You put me in mind of a song bisonrav mon Brave

You go and squeeze me till I'm all aflame
( I call you by some other guy's name)
But like a rubber ball, I come bouncing back to you

I do not disagree with any of you. I am minded that clearly when there is a poor quality juice, there is always whisky/gin/vodka.....or best of all Orange Juice. Would you think me pert if I were to offer to go to the bar for you.

One of the problems of flying with fresh OJ (and they now pasturise the lot) is that it goes off quite quickly and has to be kept as cold as possible. I can truly say that I do not think that I have ever drunk Orange Juice in a Lounge recently and I will tell you why. I lived for too long in Spain and the oranges grew in abundance - I never drank carton juice - indeed I am unsure if it is even available - I was spoilt with excellent fresh for too long. The same applies to Bananas - they were picked having ripened on the tree. They were and are delicious - what I buy in France is tasteless and so I do not bother.
Old Jun 23, 22, 3:32 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by kingcole974 View Post
Currently enjoying the early morning tranquility of the First lounge at LGW.

I can free pour myself from
a three figure bottle of scotch yet the only orange juice I can get is some cheap long life crap.

I need freshly squeezed OJ at 6am. Not JW Blue (although I had some anyhow!)
I suspect BA spend far more on OJ than JW Blue. Plus alcohol can spend months/years in the warehouse, whereas fresh OJ’s shelf life is days.
trooper likes this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Mind you, in 20+ years of Flyertalk this is the first mention that I can recall about Orange Juice.
Oh, it was indeed discussed. LTN Phobia in particular bemoaned the cheap and nasty OJ being offered on board.
dodgeflyer likes this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 4:05 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mikebg View Post
Never mind LGW. The CCR is just as bad in terms of the lack of any fresh OJ.
Actually the OJ isn't bad in the CCR, correct its not squeezed fresh from oranges in the lounge, but BA supply fresh OJ from a company near the airport that provides zero waste fruit juices. I rather like it.
SxMan and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
Oh, it was indeed discussed. LTN Phobia in particular bemoaned the cheap and nasty OJ being offered on board.
Fine - I have no recollection of this- but I would bet the houses that it has been discussed far less than Champagne.Indeed, if you can recall the conversation and the poster, it has to have had a certain uniqueness,
dewidaniels likes this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
The enhanced orange juice in the LGW lounge is also old news!

Fresh Orange Juice Enhanced away LGW Flounge
Old Jun 23, 22, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post

Balls, in my experience, are not particularly controllable, and when the mood takes them bounce around all over the place with their owner in pursuit (I'm forever following mine around). But my utmost respect to you, dear PUCCI GALORE , not to mention that for your 6 foot ex policeman rugby playing husband, leads me to the conclusion that squeezing and balls are probably not suitable topics for this forum, and we should regretfully take them to SnapChat or an appropriate subreddit.
Old Jun 23, 22, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft View Post
I think its a fair question. Fresh pressed and squeezed juices are anticipated in classier hotels. I don't think it's out of the realm of expectation to anticipate them in a First Class lounge either.... like with most things just not in a BA one it seems. Even BACF manages to procure fresh squeezed OJ for CE for their breakfast service yet the best BA mainline can stump up in front of the curtain seems to be a couple of cartons of sunpride with a 4 year shelf life.... at least there's consistency between lounge and cabin I suppose. It doesn't make it OK though.
If they wanted, they could install one of the machines that squeezes juice on demand…
MaxFlyer and 1Aturnleft like this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Fine - I have no recollection of this- but I would bet the houses that it has been discussed far less than Champagne.Indeed, if you can recall the conversation and the poster, it has to have had a certain uniqueness,
No problem, PUCCI. Just glad to be able to remember that far back!
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:18 am

Fine - I have no recollection of this- but I would bet the houses that it has been discussed far less than Champagne.
By logical extension, have there been any discussions of using concentrated orange juice for mimosas?
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 10:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar

It's Led Zeppelin's Lemon Song you need here Dear! The bit where Robert Plant sings about squeezing. But you 2 need to get a room in that case!
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav View Post
Balls, in my experience, are not particularly controllable, and when the mood takes them bounce around all over the place with their owner in pursuit (I'm forever following mine around). But my utmost respect to you, dear PUCCI GALORE , not to mention that for your 6 foot ex policeman rugby playing husband, leads me to the conclusion that squeezing and balls are probably not suitable topics for this forum, and we should regretfully take them to SnapChat or an appropriate subreddit.
I laughed my knickers off (I do not wear socks) - now this is the BA Forum as we are all quite adult and the Mods are remarkably tolerant - but as you say this is a family show - and we are now in dangerous territory. All I will say is that my husband laughed out loud when I read your double-entendres which had all the subtlety of a bull dancing the Lambada in Harrod's china department.I rarely read anything that is posted here for several reasons - firstly he cares less and secondly he would not understand B2Bs or Tier Point Runs as he is sane. He leaves that all to me and pays the Amex bill without grumbling more than usual.

Mimosas - I find the name a bit twee - are an aberration in my opinion. What a waste of good Champagne! Now I am, since visiting Harry's Bar in Venice, a Bellini Junkie. I adore them. Now they cheat and use Prosecco and Peach Nectar. I make one at home with Nectarine Pulp.

Thus, I am in agreement that fresh orange juice is excellent and - yes - it should be available in the FLounge, You have persuaded me. However I would far rather that the Orange Juice money should go to hiring someone else to answer the phones and sort out the problems that the wretched IT system will not allow us to do.
Old Jun 23, 22, 12:09 pm

"Fresh" orange juice or indeed any other fresh juice is probably responsible for more upset stomachs than anything ingested by humans.

For that reason I'd avoid. Or at least drink copious amounts of JWB to nullify the damage.
Old Jun 23, 22, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Proud to hold MUCCI status, Fans of MO, Marriott
I haven’t drank Orange Juice of any kind for a long while……. not good for acid reflux .
Old Jun 23, 22, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'd advise to avoid OJ on a regular basis
Grande Annee likes this.

Search this Thread